Recent content by Gilly

  1. Gilly

    THR Gilly made it - 2nd hip done 16th November!!!!

    Hi @DGrant I won't start any bike exercises until I have had my 6 week check up. I am best to speak to my surgeon about this. I used the stationery bike for a while with my other hip replacement but can't remember how far down the track I started. No rush thou, I defo don't want any set backs...
  2. Gilly

    THR Gilly made it - 2nd hip done 16th November!!!!

    That's awesome info @sharonslp thanks so much..I don't want to over do it by any means, so may just wait a bit longer and walk a bit more frequently. I am trying to much I think too soon....I did go to the shopping mall yesterday for a wee while but did struggle with it...And have rested all day...
  3. Gilly

    THR Gilly made it - 2nd hip done 16th November!!!!

    Hi everyone, Its two weeks today since my operation and things are going well plus sleep is good too. I am wondering is it too soon to hop on a stationery bike and do small amounts of exercise? I also know not to have any resistance on the bike...:flwrysmile: Cheers
  4. Gilly

    THR Gilly made it - 2nd hip done 16th November!!!!

    I am so glad @Jaycey that's it's over with and the fact that I'm feeling pretty good is great too...I am still very tired at times, it just comes over me out of nowhere..I do think I am a bit too confident this time round so have to keep reminding myself to slow down...My son and hubby told me...
  5. Gilly

    THR Gilly made it - 2nd hip done 16th November!!!!

    Hi @DGrant good to hear things are going well for you as well...I just read your post and you had leg length issues like I did, it's a horrible thing to deal with feeling lopsided, but so glad now I am balanced and feeling much better. I am taking my pain meds, icing on a regular basis and think...
  6. Gilly

    THR Gilly made it - 2nd hip done 16th November!!!!

    Hi everyone, just thought I'd give a quick update on my recovery, its day 11 and so far so good. I will be getting the staples out tomorrow or maybe later today if my hubby gets home from work early enough. Apart from the operation day this time round is easier so far as I know what I am going...
  7. Gilly

    THR mrbionic Reporting to Recovery Room!

    Nothing like home @mrbionic :yahoo: Wow, the 2nd one done in 2 or 3 weeks, not sure if I could go thru it again so soon...But then you'll be the real bionic man...lol...Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery at home and hope the other hip doesn't cause you too much trouble...Nothing worse being...
  8. Gilly

    THR mrbionic Reporting to Recovery Room!

    @sfbionicat50 it sounds to me like @mrbionic won't mind staying at the hospital a bit longer...hahaha..Rest up and take it slow mate...lol...:wink:
  9. Gilly

    THR SFBionicat50's Recovery Thread

    @sfbionicat50 I am going to be doing the same today, a lot of rest. I went out for tea to celebrate my husbands birthday and came home shattered...We weren't out for long couple hours at the most...I need to take it easy.. Keep in touch and hope you enjoy Tyrant.....:heehee:
  10. Gilly

    THR Gilly made it - 2nd hip done 16th November!!!!

    Hi @sfbionicat50 not to bad at all although I didn't have a good sleep last night due to some bad thunder n lightening waking me up plus I wasn't able to get comfortable. Have had a nice Sunday morning in bed watching Tyrant...lol....But it's now quarter to one so I better move myself and have a...
  11. Gilly

    THR mrbionic Reporting to Recovery Room!

    Hi @mrbionic I love the sound of @Gillys Bar and Grill.....lol...What a shame I ain't setting up a business...I have many, many nicknames, however I best not disclose them all..haha.. It's great to hear you're doing so well, keeping fingers crossed for your recovery..:fingersx:
  12. Gilly

    THR mrbionic Reporting to Recovery Room!

    Hi @mrbionic welcome to the other side..It seems like you are doing well, good to hear...Keep us updated....:thumb:
  13. Gilly

    THR SFBionicat50's Recovery Thread

    Hi @sfbionicat50 I have staples and they come out in 10 days...Hope your wound is ok...:cool:
  14. Gilly

    THR Gilly made it - 2nd hip done 16th November!!!!

    Thanks @sharonslp for the Bonesmart mantras, I will make sure I follow them..... @DGrant your meds are different than mine but I am trying to take what's been prescribed. It's not a good feeling being messed up on pills, I hated it at the hospital when I experienced it..I am also trying to get...
  15. Gilly

    THR SFBionicat50's Recovery Thread

    @sfbionicat50 do you have staples? Fingers crossed for you that your scar is nice n neat. Sounds like your recovery is going well...At this early stage don't worry about the medication, baby steps....:loll:
Back
Top Bottom