Recent content by Gilina

  1. G

    TKR Nine weeks out and still limited ROM

    Thanks for the long post with all the information. Travel is a problem, not only from a money standpoint, but also insurance limitations and logistics--I am a full-time caregiver. Sooo...I hope next year to find an OS in southern WI. I'll have to plan ahead in many ways (change insurance...
  2. G

    TKR Nine weeks out and still limited ROM

    I guess I am still wondering if I can have the ALOA done "later" as my OS told me, or if waiting will cause me even more problems. Opinions from the knowledgeable? @Josephine or @PolarBear60 or @skigirl You are the folks who have the most information or experience on lysis of adhesions. Thanks...
  3. G

    TKR Nine weeks out and still limited ROM

    Thanks, @Josephine Inside info is always clarifying. I don't know what I will end up doing--and I don't want to have to think about it all the time either. I sort of just want to get on with my life, but it scares me to already be sort of decrepit and what that means for me in 10 or 20 years...
  4. G

    TKR Nine weeks out and still limited ROM

    Checking in... One year today! Glad to hear about those doing well. In most respects, my leg with the TKR is doing very well, despite the lack of ROM--only about 90 degrees. I can walk OK (though slow) and go up stairs; going downstairs normally is not possible, but that is partly because my...
  5. G

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Now that is amazing, especially considering that you had revision surgery. Maybe you should ask your OS what his secret is! Glad you are doing so well--I think that a positive attitude helps. Despite my adhesions, I can easily grocery shop and got to bake cookies for Christmas this year. So...
  6. G

    TKR Three weeks post op, so glad I found this forum

    Interesting that your doc had you wait 4 weeks before starting PT. Personally, I agree with that, but my experience has been they started PT in the hospital (which had bad aftereffects for me!) and expected me to get to PT the day after I got home from surgery. Your doc sounds smarter about that...
  7. G

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Bonnie--just wanted to drop by and see how you were doing after your revision. So glad to hear it is going well and I hope you have a nice holiday season. I know that sooner or later I will need my other knee done, and with adhesions on this knee (not yet resolved because of my logistical...
  8. G

    TKR Nine weeks out and still limited ROM

    Thanks, Jean. I am filing that away for if I ever have to have the other knee done. Right now, I'm limited to certain counties in northern Wisconsin by insurance. For now I have mentally thrown up my hands and will get back to thinking about the whole situation after the holidays. I am taking a...
  9. G

    TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)

    My family still owns the summer lake cottage my grandparents had (though most of the land was sold off in the 1940s) and it had an outhouse, too. It is only 5 miles from where we live now--part of the reason we moved here. Enjoy your train trip. Best way to see the country. Gilina
  10. G

    TKR Nine weeks out and still limited ROM

    As I recall, taking pain meds every day for headaches can cause rebound headaches, so I agree. Even when my knee was horrible before surgery, I did not take pain meds every day--instead, ice, rest, ice. I was into that even before surgery! Gilina
  11. G

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    Just saw this as well. Have never taken percocet, but I had a similar experience with a different drug. Even asked the doc if there was a bug living in my ear. But, be careful. I also had some bad issues with vertigo type symptoms during that time ("Moth" sensation and vertigo went away with a...
  12. G

    Revision TKR Wberry knee is up<

    I noticed your comment and had the same experience. Two days after surgery (once I was disconnected from everything and could get out of bed), I had no trouble at all lifting both legs together (I still had/have good quad/leg strength) when getting back into bed. Then....I went to PT in...
  13. G

    TKR PolarBear60's Stryker Triathalon Journey (Left)

    Fall color came late up north in Wisconsin (we are just now past peak, a good 3 weeks late) so if that holds, you should see some color as you travel north. I love to travel by train. I hope you can relax and enjoy your trip. Gilina
  14. G

    TKR Nine weeks out and still limited ROM

    Back online after several days of errands, appointments, and migraines. I am at 21 weeks post-op. In one way, things may be looking up. Spoke with some relatives downstate who have room and will let my mother and I stay for a bit next spring if I have my lysis surgery down there. They are near...
  15. G

    TKR Nine weeks out and still limited ROM

    That is so funny! And annoying for you. I often left the repair guys speechless when they tried to put one over on me and I would say "oh, you mean...." Knowledge is power...and protection. Gilina
Back
Top Bottom