Recent content by Getnfit

  1. Getnfit

    THR One hip done, one to go!

    Not sure if many are still following my status, I have been absent for quite a while. I do want to share with you that I'm doing GREAT! It did take 13 months tho. I saw a big improvement at month 11 when I started doing more "spin" workouts. Once my muscles got stronger, the body seemed ok to...
  2. Getnfit

    THR One hip done, one to go!

    @Josephine Wondering if you read my replies and if you have any insight regarding the snapping TFL over the greater trochanter? It now started hurting, burning level 3-4 kind of pain. Yesterday that left hip also clicked a few times while I was going down to my knees, but that was not painful...
  3. Getnfit

    THR One hip done, one to go!

    All the aches and pain described above are now almost inexistent after consulting with my PT. She's given me a few new exercises to incorporate in my routine and has released my adductors with massage and acupuncture. The needles hurt like hell in the inner thigh area but was worth it! I'm happy...
  4. Getnfit

    Hip Arthroscopy vs Hip Replacement

    @T.shack Hi! Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your hips, as if the knee problems weren't enough. I was diagnosed with a labral tear a couple years ago and I also had major cartilage damage. I didn't want to believe that I needed a THR at 46 years of age, so I had a Hip Scope done...
  5. Getnfit

    THR One hip done, one to go!

    Thank you for your quick reply Josephine! I had both hips done with lateral approach, Left on December 1st and Right on December 4th. Can you change my Thread title to "48 years young with bilateral THR" E-R3F into F-R4B & E-L4F into F-L3B is the inner groin up into sits bones area...
  6. Getnfit

    THR One hip done, one to go!

    Hi! I am almost 4 months post op bi-lateral THR. I started teaching fitness and yoga classes again about 4 weeks ago and I am now experiencing a bit of issues in my left hip. I feel a tendon rolling forward over the greater trochanter when I squat or flex forward and I feel it rolling back in...
  7. Getnfit

    THR Kevins LTHR recovery

    Glad you made it home @badhipinak How are you doing? make sure to be active daily but also allow yourself plenty of rest!
  8. Getnfit

    THR One hip done, one to go!

    @catdemar To make a long story short, I've been dealing with chronic pain in both hips for approx 8 years. The pain wasn't keeping me from doing yoga, or working out, I actually believe that staying active is what helped me from being totally disabled. Although my workouts and my yoga weren't as...
  9. Getnfit

    THR Kevins LTHR recovery

    @badhipinak Congrats and keep up the good work. It can be hard to balance how much work, rest and meds are needed to progress safely. Listen to your body and keep up your positive attitude! Quick question, did your OS approve of your flight home so soon? Although I'm very healthy and only 47 - I...
  10. Getnfit

    THR One hip done, one to go!

    @tandmcox88 sorry to hear that more joint replacements will be necessary. Day by day and looking around us to realize how lucky we are! These life challenges make us appreciate little things that much more! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. Getnfit

    THR One hip done, one to go!

    So far so good! Sharing to encourage those of you who are pre-op or early in their recovery so that you know that there are successful "happy" THR stories too! Stay positive! Your body can hear all your thoughts! Week 7 -walked 30min with my walking poles, had lunch, walked 30min back slightly...
  12. Getnfit

    THR 2nd THR, this time as a widow

    I just read your posts for the first time. I am so sorry for your lost. You seem such a strong and determined woman. I'm sure the whole BoneSmart community is looking up to you! I sure am amazed by your courage and positive attitude. Keep up the amazing work! Sent from my iPhone using...
  13. Getnfit

    THR One hip done, one to go!

    You know you had hip surgery when... You start crying when you can finally put your socks on like a normal person! It's gonna be a great day! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. Getnfit

    THR My new Right Hip

    @tandmcoxx88 I'm so sorry to hear that your recovery isn't going as good as you were hoping. I had a bi-lateral THR lateral approach five weeks ago. Doing well, I think. The most important thing is ATTITUDE! You cannot change what's happening to you but you can change how you react to it. Stay...
  15. Getnfit

    Painless hip clunk: should I worry?

    @debkakes Seems like you're back on track! Congrats! I am/was a very active person too and I am curious about the kayaking. Did you discuss with your PT regarding your intention to start rowing? I don't mean to burst your bubble, but the rowing action taxes the hips A LOT. I do realize that abs...
Back
Top Bottom