Recent content by Geoffa

  1. G

    TKR Covid recovery and impact on recovered 2 1/2 year TKR

    EalingGran, Thank you. Strange you should mention icing, being woken with pain last night that was the first thing I thought of. I have had a LTKR 12 years ago no issues. I surmise as I try and recover some aerobic fitness it will get worse. Is this part of the conundrum of long Covid. That...
  2. G

    TKR Covid recovery and impact on recovered 2 1/2 year TKR

    Jaycee thanks for your prompt response. Ooh the challenges of Covid.
  3. G

    TKR Covid recovery and impact on recovered 2 1/2 year TKR

    Good afternoon, Been 2 1/2 years since a successful LTKR. All was well then got Covid three weeks ago, triple boosted, now whole of knee has become really stiff and now has constant, about 3, background pain. Is it me or is this documented? As a matter of interest the two worse symptoms were...
  4. G

    TKR TKR scheduled for July 5th

    Sounds very similar to my circumstance. Immediately after the TKR, pain of recovery, I asked myself was it worth it. After six months I was so glad I did. The longer it is left the more muscle is lost the more misalignment you legs get and the older you get. My experience was the journey to full...
  5. G

    Revision TKR Four Months Out and Still Can't Walk

    Well said sistersinhim. After two very successful TKR i resonate with your words of wisdom. I always note a singular focus on the knee structure. Any TKR recovery has to also accommodate the supporting muscle structure around the knee. This has most likely deteriorated leading into surgery thru...
  6. G

    THR The devil that is osteoarthritis!!!

    Layla, Thanks for your wisdom. Lots of sound, practical guidance. Have a question re heat application. Should the heat pad be on the groin or butt side of the hip. i note the cortisone shot was into the groin area. Thoughts? Geoff
  7. G

    THR Sleeping is Painful

    i found Lyrica helps both pain and sleeping
  8. G

    THR The devil that is osteoarthritis!!!

    Wrote firstly some 10 years ago about my successful LTKR, then 2 years ago about my successful RTKR. Just got myself fully fit and back to boat building then bang. 3 weeks ago after being really active got what I thought was a minor back strain. Pain radiating down left leg. Off to the the GP...
  9. G

    Knee Infection* Infection at 7 Months Post Op - Back to Crutches

    Mrs Ciz, BZ. Your tenacity defines you! Geoff
  10. G

    TKR Covid recovery and impact on recovered 2 1/2 year TKR

    12 month OS visit. And last! Jokingly OS booked an appointment for thirty years ahead to replace both knees! X-ray before and after showed amazing difference, perfectly straight leg now! -3 to 145 means ROM of 148! Mostly the conversation revolved around boat building and getting aerobic fitness...
  11. G

    TKR Powerhouse's Recovery

    What's that old expression "Can't fight town hall"!!
  12. G

    TKR An Outdoor Lover's Recovery

    I took about 10mths to get to approx the level of your left knee pic. No specific PT just stretch and a gentle push. I was limited by both my knee and tightness in the groin. My recovery was not helped because I had a cardiac ablation at 6mths and the catheters were inserted in my right groin...
  13. G

    TKR Right TKR instability

    Goknee, I am at 12mth and have had a very good recovery, my lateral strength and flexibility recovery still has a ways to go. I have a glute stretch where I lay on my back bring my knees up and cross one leg onto the other then with my hand pull the crossed leg back as far as possible. Only...
  14. G

    TKR Powerhouse's Recovery

    Powerhouse, With a new knee it's possible you also have newly straightened leg. As you become more active you will load muscles above and below in a way that is hard to predict. With my LTKR, 10 years ago I got horrible pain in my ankle, realignment. With my RTKR nearly 12mth I had a lot of...
  15. G

    TKR Physical Therapy

    Can I ask what you mean by your lateral stability being poor? Apologies for my lack of knowledge lol Jan x Jan x, An example of lateral stability for me is when I stand from a seated position, in effect a squat, if I turn at the same time I get some discomfort and instability. If I stand then...
Back
Top Bottom