TKR Covid recovery and impact on recovered 2 1/2 year TKR

12 month OS visit.
And last!
Jokingly OS booked an appointment for thirty years ahead to replace both knees!
X-ray before and after showed amazing difference, perfectly straight leg now!
-3 to 145 means ROM of 148!
Mostly the conversation revolved around boat building and getting aerobic fitness back after ablation!
A lot of detail in my previous posts so won't repeat now.
Muscle structure still a works in progress, and the OS confirmed over working and fluid build up still needs to be managed for another two years.
Summary, no matter how good the recovery this was always a long term recovery.
Lots of things to get right, apart from the surgeon, powered ice machines are the single most important cause for success!
Sitting back watching the athletes in the Olympics, enjoying a fine Aussie white wine, and just amazed at the athletes achievements!
All the best.
Geoff

Great report, thanks for coming back to update your thread!

Good afternoon,
Been 2 1/2 years since a successful LTKR.
All was well then got Covid three weeks ago, triple boosted, now whole of knee has become really stiff and now has constant, about 3, background pain.
Is it me or is this documented?
As a matter of interest the two worse symptoms were muscle pain and fatigue.
Thought's.
Geoff

@Geoffa I can only go on my own experience with the dreaded Covid (double boosted at the time). My major symptoms were joint pain, muscle pain and fatigue. Paracetamol eased this for me.

If you plug Covid symptoms into any search engine, this is well documented.

Hope things ease for you soon!

My knee and hip pain really started with Covid in Feb/ March 2022. Although once I had MRIs it was clear I had significant osteoarthritis- it hadn't really bothered me pre-Covid. Like you the actual chest symptoms were not that severe.
Covid definitely goes for the joints and aggrevates any existing inflammation.
Have you tried going back to icing?

EalingGran,
Thank you.
Strange you should mention icing, being woken with pain last night that was the first thing I thought of.
I have had a LTKR 12 years ago no issues.
I surmise as I try and recover some aerobic fitness it will get worse. Is this part of the conundrum of long Covid.
That devil the law of unintended consequences.
Lucky my covid symptoms could have been much worse.

I have not had Covid, thank God, but after my second Covid shot, my arthritis got much worse in many areas of my body. I've not had another shot because I fear even worse arthritic pain.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member