Recent content by gazelle7777

  1. gazelle7777

    TKR 14 weeks post op - feel like I’m going backwards

    After I had my bilateral knee replacement in 2013, and then both hips done in 2014, and 2015, I went through a few set back myself.. I was pretty anemic , and under weight from all the medication and no appetite....also, I started experiencing neck and upper back pain and my shoulders were...
  2. gazelle7777

    Have not checked in for a while!

    Thanks Jamie. Lets combine the two accounts into just the original Gazelle7777 acount. Can we keep the same password or will I need to reset that? Let me know. Thanks so much! :SUNsmile: Joan
  3. gazelle7777

    Have not checked in for a while!

    In 2013 I had bilateral knee replacement. I posted under the name Gazelle7777. I started my thread from just hours out of surgery through to months later during the healing process... ups and downs, good times and rough times..... All My threads are still up and you can just put Gazelle7777 in...
  4. gazelle7777

    Bilateral PKR My 5 year check in

    Hello everyone! I have not been on this site for some time... just living life and making up for all the lost years in pain prior to my BTKR. I made so many wonderful connections here as you all will. I am forever grateful to this website. Just to say I FEEL TERRIFIC and my bionic knees...
  5. gazelle7777

    Bilateral TKR 4 year annicersary BTKR update

    :SUNsmile: My surgery date for my BTKR was June 4, 2013. I call it my NEW Birthday! It was like getting my life back from 10 years of misery and pain. Today, four years out, I do not ever think about my knees. They just work perfectly! The only thing that points to replacement are the two...
  6. gazelle7777

    Alternative to using ice cubes for cooling

    I found for my knees the best thing ended up being just ice cubes in a zip lock bag in a pillowcase. I had a cooling machine, but it was just a hassle to hook up especially at night when I just needed something fast. For my hips I bought a hip sling from Amazon that had reusable freezer packs...
  7. gazelle7777

    NERVOUS. ......Bilateral TKR

    clauds52 I had my BTKR in June of 2013. Almost 4 years out now and my knees are just amazing! I am totally pain free... I was so miserable and in horrible pain and using crutches prior to my knee replacement surgery. Click on to my knee journey below and follow my progress from just out...
  8. gazelle7777

    Bilateral TKR Exercise post op 1.5 yrs

    @Caroline99 It takes a while for your brain to stop thinking about protecting your knees from the pain you experienced for a long time... It is psychological that your brain tells you to BE CAREFUL OR IT WILLHURT.... It will get easier at time goes on... I am now 4 years out from BTKR and...
  9. gazelle7777

    To replace or not to replace...

    @daisychain I personally think you should go with your first doctors advice and have the BTKR done.... Ask yourself these questions: Are you able to do all the things you love to do without stopping because of YOUR KNEES. Is it hard to stand, shop, go up and down curbs when out... do you...
  10. gazelle7777

    Other than your hip, what else hurts?

    @cazmat I had all your symptoms.... towards the end I could no longer put on my socks... and had to use a crutch to alleviate the pain it got so bad. Nothing helped the pain..... Hips like knees, never get better only worse. I also had bone cysts and terrible groin pain. Now I am pain free and...
  11. gazelle7777

    New to this

    @gaulsuerou JUST DO IT. It will be the best decision you could make to stay healthy and keep up with your active lifestyle. It was LIFE CHANGING for me to have both hips and knees replaced 4 years ago. I am now 61 and can do anything I choose to do... I have no pain and take no pain meds.
  12. gazelle7777

    Deciding Anesthesia

    @bc74 I had all my surgeries with spinal block... then they give you THE MILK( as Michael Jackson called it) Out like a light... wake up and it is over. Feel fine after waking up. I would suggest this for you.
  13. gazelle7777

    Anterior vs Posterior Hip Surgery?

    @1GreatGran I had both hips replaced with the Anterior method. Please follow my journey for each hip below. I was out of the hospital in less than 24 hours... 2 inch incision... no restrictions... in fact I felt so good after both surgeries I would not have known I had major surgery except...
  14. gazelle7777

    Surgery 3/23. Concerns/questions

    @dooble Your Doctor is giving you outdated info... sounds to me like he does not want to bother getting trained and skilled in this new and BETTER way of doing hips. I personally would find a new surgeon and joint center that has done many of the Anterior. My surgeon was one of those. Both...
  15. gazelle7777

    TKR Pain 7 years later

    Have you gone to see your orthopedic doctor? That would be where I would start.
Back
Top Bottom