Recent content by gavinmac

  1. gavinmac

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    Hey Jena. I’m so sorry you are having a difficult time. It does get better. If you do try to go back to work today, try it in small groups of time. Sitting in one position for and hour or more may cause more pain and stiffness. Use your walker. Put ribbons on it if you need to but make you...
  2. gavinmac

    Revision THR From hip to knee and back again

    So my next follow up was to be 6 months from December. But I’ve noticed an increase in pain on the outer part of my leg with walking. Also when trying to do side lying leg lifts I’m getting weaker not stronger. So another set of X-rays. Per my OS the joint implant looks good but the broken part...
  3. gavinmac

    Revision THR From hip to knee and back again

    So I had my 4 month check up last week. It was a little late because my OS changed practices. I wasn’t having any major issues and he did call to check on me during his transition so it was all good. So the bad news is I still have pain. It’s not worse but it’s still there, always. I don’t like...
  4. gavinmac

    Revision THR From hip to knee and back again

    Thanks. My follow was moved to November so I’ll update after that.
  5. gavinmac

    TKR Pre op tests

    I’ve had it too. For my last 3 surgeries. I think they helped. The flavors are not great but also not nasty so no problems drinking it. It’s nothing like the colonoscopy prep drink, if that helps. I got mine from Amazon.
  6. gavinmac

    Revision THR 10 mos post op

    Ucy hang in there. I’ve had 5 surgeries on my left hip. Three of them in the past 3 years. With a good deal of that time recovering as non weight baring. It’s hard. But I just moved from the walker to a cane for walking around and hiking poles for my 1.5 mile walks. And inside the house I use...
  7. gavinmac

    Revision THR From hip to knee and back again

    Layla thanks for checking in. So here’s my 2 month post surgery update. I’ve been off the walker for almost 2 weeks. Using a cane or hiking poles when I go out but nothing in the house. I was lucky enough to take a trip with the family last week and was able to walk out to the beach most days...
  8. gavinmac

    Revision THR From hip to knee and back again

    Thanks Layla. My plan is only one trip out a day and just to my chair using my trekking pokes. To get to the beach access I’m going to use my wheeled walker with seat. It’s only a block but considering I’ve been minimal activity for 6 weeks I’m expecting to be exhausted. If it’s too much then...
  9. gavinmac

    Revision THR From hip to knee and back again

    So 6 weeks ago I had my 5th surgery on my left hip. (I can’t dwell on the mess that made this necessary.) The fracture I had post op hasn’t healed correctly. For the past 6 weeks I have been on a walker varying from non weight bearing to minimal weight bearing and minimal activity. Today at my 6...
  10. gavinmac

    Revision THR From hip to knee and back again

    Thanks! I’m starting to put some weight on it and so far so good.
  11. gavinmac

    Revision THR From hip to knee and back again

    Quick update. I’ve been doing the best I can at non weight baring with a walker (I’ve done it in the past). I decided to try crutches, that was a total no go. I thought if ever I was a fall risk, crutches increased that 100%! So sticking with the walker. Anyway, the good news is my hip/leg is...
  12. gavinmac

    Revision THR From hip to knee and back again

    Thanks! Jamie sent a PM.
  13. gavinmac

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    Thanks! Keep up the good healing.
  14. gavinmac

    Revision THR From hip to knee and back again

    I’m feeling frustrated and worried. After 3 weeks of minimal pain and feeling like I finally was done my hip started hurting again. I’ve done exactly what the doctor ordered. But over the weekend I started having some pain and today it’s bad enough I contacted my OS. So I am now back to non...
  15. gavinmac

    THR Seeking Gluteus Maximus Tendon Transfer Advice

    I’ve not had the same but just had my 5th surgery on my hip. Most recently my greater trochanter broke and is resisting healing. So I’ve been in ‘recovery’ it seems like forever. Prepare for your next post op with things you like. I took up tablet jigsaw puzzles and color by number of national...
Back
Top Bottom