Recent content by Gatornet

  1. Gatornet

    PKR Something seems to have happened to my PKR...

    I finally have an appointment with my previous surgeon at his new practice next Tuesday. I've stopped all knee exercises in the meantime and am just stretching. I wanted to clarify when I said I could do a full squat I meant for purposes of range of motion since I have no formal measurement...
  2. Gatornet

    PKR Something seems to have happened to my PKR...

    I was actually in PT for my neck and shoulder. Working on computer all day has not helped my neck and I have a lot of trigger points. While there I noticed I had some down time while waiting for someone to get off a machine or for my therapist to put me on traction, etc. Ten years of a...
  3. Gatornet

    PKR Something seems to have happened to my PKR...

    it was done June 2014 so just 16 months ago. It's been mostly good. I've been doing some PT this summer for some terrible neck and shoulder problems and the doctor was nice enough to write for my knee also because I don't like to miss an opportunity to strengthen my muscles when I'm there...
  4. Gatornet

    PKR Gatornet's knee

    Your prayers and healing thoughts worked! Thanks! I had those couple of really bad days (could it have been the 9 hour car ride?) and every day got better after that. I am right now looking at my knee....flexion is almost equal to the right side which is crazy good. I've been doing my home...
  5. Gatornet

    PKR Gatornet's knee

    On vacation and struggling a bit with pain levels. I wish I could just enjoy this time away, but instead I've got a very stiff, sore knee and we haven't even gotten to the beach yet (tomorrow, we are still visiting family now). I feel like my pain levels have increased from the early weeks and...
  6. Gatornet

    TKR Knee replaced 6/2 ouch!!!!!!

    Las Vegas Grandmom, just wanted to add that I have also had my gallbladder out....Nexium (purple pill, right?) Never ever worked for me, not even two pills. I had to switch to Prevacid, (lansoprasole is the generic name) to get real relief. And, ask your husband to maybe pick up some regular...
  7. Gatornet

    PKR PKR -Right Medial

    OK yeah, my recovery is like that too...yesterday was so bad I had to take a pain med - I had my first outpatient PT too so that didn't help but I hurt way before I went in (and then she pushed on my knee!). Today is so much better. My pain is medial and kneecap also...I blame the trashed VMO...
  8. Gatornet

    PKR PKR -Right Medial

    Your flexion and extension sound pretty good....where is your pain? I do have pain also...was told to expect pain to continue at least 6-8 weeks like a fracture...bone takes time to heal and they did cut/saw/drill/sand and do all sorts of things to ours. You're about a week ahead of me. I'm...
  9. Gatornet

    TKR Knee replaced 6/2 ouch!!!!!!

    Las Vegas Grandmom, sounds like we have similar medication issues. I cannot take oxycodone (Percocet) or codeine due to the terrible migraines and nausea they cause very quickly. Unfortunately I have a similar but just slightly delayed reaction to Tramadol and even Voltaren which is a...
  10. Gatornet

    PKR Gatornet's knee

    Sure I think I'd like another title but right now I can't think of any that would actually be appropriate and not contain maybe a bad word. And I don't usually swear. This has really thrown me. If it were the first time ok, roll with it, but the whole reason I took so long to do this badly...
  11. Gatornet

    PKR Gatornet's knee

    N o, unfortunately this particular pain is out of control. The PA wrote me for plenty more hydromorphone but quantity is not the issue. I have a broken bone here and I'm being told to partial weight bear on it. I have nothing stabilizing it and there's been no sort of pinning it or reduction...
  12. Gatornet

    PKR Gatornet's knee

    Well the strange bruising on my leg had an actual cause after all and a pretty bad one. The whole leg started hurting quite a lot and the great recovery started really going the other way. X-ray's today at the OS showed a broken femur. The fracture is right under where the pin for the robotic...
  13. Gatornet

    PKR Gatornet's knee

    Yes the PA wanted to see me after seeing the pictures and hearing the symptoms. The PT had also sent them a report. My OS is on vacation but the PA should hopefully able to figure this out. She thinks from the description there may be fluid build up, but said they rarely put a needle in a new...
  14. Gatornet

    PKR Gatornet's knee

    Here they are,
Back
Top Bottom