Had anterior thr 20 months ago following hip fracture. Uneventful recovery for first 12 months post op . At 13th month post-op, started having pain in groin, upper thigh, side of operated hip with weight bearing. Surgeon thinks it's ITB syndrome. Anyone had this? Physical therapy and...
I am 17 days post op from a fractured hip followed by emergency total hip replacement. This experience hit me like a pile of bricks, given that I had experienced no prior pain or problems with either hip! Feeling sheepish about circumstances surrounding the fracture (huge Norfolk Pine...
The hype regarding the anterior approach to a total hip replacement suggested that it was supposed to be an "easier"recovery. However, perhaps the trauma of the hip fracture that necessitated the surgery on 12/7/19 is making the recovery period more difficult ?
I just had an elective total...
Hi All, Had total anterior hip replacement 7 days ago following a hip fracture. Two questions:
Is it common to have intermittent numbness and intense burning pain in upper, outer thigh post op? What causes it?
Am a stomach sleeper; really struggling with inability to sleep on abdomen...
Hi All, Had second tkr 11 days ago. Doing post-op exercises as prescribed, but upset because of slowly gaining weight that I worked so hard to lose in months prior to surgery! Is this due to lack of aerobic exercise, fluid retention and swelling of operative area? Kinda discouraged, since...
Hi All, I am considering booking a tour to the British Isles in Sept 2013, which would involve a lot of walking at various sites. I am 8 weeks tkr, have some concerns about whether to commit. At this point, I am doing limited walking aerobics at the Y with my OS's blessing, but am having...
My mistake was that I tried to withdraw from opiates far too quickly due to their unpleasant side effects, and I paid dearly with nasty withdrawal symptoms for about a week. How I wish I hadn't been so impatient, and had sought some direction from my physician about how to do it more safely...
Hi All, Can't believe it's been 5 weeks since tkr...had to wean off opiates because of too many negative side effects and am now existing on Tylenol Arthritis caps at my primary care physician's advice. Am avoiding NSAIDS because I am on aspirin 81mg. for prevention of blood clots. The...
Hi All, I wish that healthcare providers would furnish patients who are, or who will be on opiate pain meds before and/or after TKR surgery, information about how to wean off these drugs safely when the pain levels would indicate that an otc remedy would suffice for the pain. I thought that I...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.