Recent content by fuzzybunny

  1. F

    PKR Partly Bionic / Having a problem

    I am having sharp stabbing pains on the medial (inside) joint line. Barely had any pain there before the surgery. My hunch was I would be better off converting this to a total and skipping the scope. I fear it will take me months to get back to how I was before the surgery.
  2. F

    PKR Partly Bionic / Having a problem

    I had my scope today. My doctor said I am keeping up my streak of being one of his most unusual patients. Despite removing the lateral meniscus for my partial knee replacement, it has started to grow back. I did have a flap tear of the medical meniscus. Also a large section of grade 3 cartilage...
  3. F

    PKR Partly Bionic / Having a problem

    I have having the knee scoped October 14th. Earliest available date. My doctor disagrees with the radiologist and thinks the medial meniscal tear is a flap tear and not a root tear. My biggest issue is the lateral replacement, with the supposed tissue trapped in it. I am not optimistic that the...
  4. F

    PKR Partly Bionic / Having a problem

    I had a CT arthrogram today. The radiologist wasn't completly confident in his assessement because of artifact from the metal. Impression is I have a undersurface tear suspected of the posterior horn lateral meniscus, except I have a lateral knee replacement so there is no meniscus there...
  5. F

    PKR Partly Bionic / Having a problem

    I am not knock kneed, no valgus deformity and have no idea why the lateral compartment went. Also having pain on lateral side of other knee.
  6. F

    PKR Partly Bionic / Having a problem

    Up until August 10th the replacement has been awesome. No pain and full range of motion. I am really hoping this set back can be sorted out. I don't do well with a sedentary life. My mental health is spiraling down. Also not waking up in pain would be glorious. School starts in 2 weeks. I am not...
  7. F

    PKR Partly Bionic / Having a problem

    My doctor thinks I have a small tear of the medial menisicus that is lodged over over in my lateral knee replacement. Getting a CT scan to see if there is anything in there he can scope out. The implant looks good. Loose body is what is most likely causing the grinding. My "good knee" has...
  8. F

    PKR Partly Bionic / Having a problem

    I had a very successful Conformis iDuo replacment (lateral and patellofemoral compartment) up until Aug 10. I increased the amount of hiking I was doing and the knee swelled up, I have lateral pain and it feels like it is clunking. My good knee also swelled up and they both feel like they are on...
  9. F

    Is anyone planning a PKR in their 40's?

    I had a PKR done at the age of 41. My doctor didn't have an issue with my age and would have done a TKR if I requested one. I knew my doctor didn't have an issue with younger people because he did a TKR of a friend when she was 36. As part of your search for a doctor you can call and ask the...
  10. F

    A couple of questions

    I had Conformis duo for the lateral and patellofemoral compartments. The scope I had prior showed my medial compartment was, according to my OS, pristine, but definitely not the other compartments so he recommend the duo over the total not just because of my age but he thought it would allow...
  11. F

    To replace or not to replace...

    I had my right knee scoped because the MRI showed mild-moderate areas of cartilage damage and my doctor thought my symptoms were more because of something getting caught in the knee. The scope showed more extensive cartilage damage than the MRI and he cleaned and smoothed the cartilage that was...
  12. F

    PKR 2 1/2 weeks out...

    I had the burning pain across my incision around that time. It only lasted a week or so and then went away. I think its the nerves reconnecting that causes it so its a sign of healing.
  13. F

    PKR Patellafemoral replacement 1 yr ago still causing pain

    Maybe if a revision to a TKR is needed it will help resolve your pain and improve your function. Hope you get this sorted out soon.
  14. F

    PKR PKR Top of knee swelling

    I started outpatient physical therapy at 6 weeks. My PT said I am ahead of the average TKR in terms of recovery when he evaluated me. My flexion was 136, extension almost 0. My gait was a little off but he said this was due to the visible swelling in my knee. But compared to my uncle who had...
  15. F

    PKR PKR Top of knee swelling

    The 3-6 weeks is optimistic. I think that's a good estimate for being able to do daily activities without much difficulty. My OS was on board with me going back to work after 2-3 weeks until he found out I have a long commute so he said 6 weeks. When I had a follow up with his PA she was...
Back
Top Bottom