Recent content by Funnypug

  1. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    Thank you Jaycey - I feel conflicted about having chosen not to go to Urgent Care or the ER. (and I don't have a family dr so would have had to go the emergency route). The virus has spiked here and our county just moved to the Purple tier and it seemed better to bandage and wrap it. I do...
  2. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    Question: today for some horrible reason our old metal screen door made a deep cut on my leg as it swung shut. This happened on the unoperated leg. We washed it really well immediately with Hibiclens, put on neosporin and wrapped it up. It probably could have had sutures but should heal okay...
  3. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    Thank you to everyone who has replied! It really does help to know that so many of you have had surgeries post THR and that there's no need to worry about getting any "special" antibiotics.
  4. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    Firstly, if a moderator sees this can you please tell me how to keep using my original post surgery thread? I looked for it instead of starting a whole new one but couldn't figure out how to keep it on one thread! Help! Anyway - does anyone have experience or knowledge about...
  5. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    To all of you who are past this point in your recovery, I'm a little confused about what is "right" or "wrong". At my last app't the surgeon said that my range of motion is very limited and he recommended that I might want to do some PT. I am very leery of PT but I did go yesterday just to...
  6. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    Hi Jaycey, Thank you for your thoughts - I guess we have to learn as we go. The weird thing was that I felt no pain at all during the time I was in that position, it wasn't until probably at least 30 minutes later that whatever happened, happened. They thought that perhaps one of the...
  7. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    Hi Dear Layla, Thank you so much for checking in. Can't believe it's been 3 months since surgery! I just had my 12 week checkup and left feeling a little confused - they were trying to figure out what had possibly happened in the event I described above and there really isn't any way to know...
  8. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    First thank you so much to everyone who has shared their stories! It really helps! The horrifying scary feeling seems to have mostly subsided, though now I'm walking around with a certain level of anxiety all of the time of course. My new question is this: I still have little lumps of...
  9. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    I should have known better than to say how great everything was yesterday when reporting on my progress! Curious to know if anyone has had a similar experience and how it went: Yesterday morning for the first time I was able to remove the nail polish on my toes. I was sitting in a chair with my...
  10. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    Hi Layla! Thank you for checking in - I do feel good about my progress; something I have found is - that in my case anyway it's better to let things progress at their own pace. For example, early on I got all upset because it was uncomfortable for me to stand on one leg (the operated leg)...
  11. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    Thanks for the suggestion Dan - I'll look for that Gel. AndZauberflote thank you for the kind words.
  12. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    Dear CricketHip - Yes - that's it exactly! The surgeon and the nurse practitioner seemed very confident that I could do all of those things which made me think I should be able to do them! And I've been so careful, I was so excited to be given permission to start doing a little bit more...
  13. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    HI Schaargi, Thank you for your response. The feeling seems to be more above the scar, but you could be right, it might have to do with it. I'll look into that.
  14. F

    THR question about having surgery post hip replacement

    Hi all, Well, I finally did it! Had TRHR on July 2nd, anterior approach. I had serious osteoporosis and was told to use walker for three weeks and to be very careful so as to let the healing take place. I have done so - and so far things have been going well. I have discovered that if I...
Back
Top Bottom