Hi everyone. I wanted to provide some new updates. I'm amazed to see that it's been 2 years since I last posted on the forum.
Unfortunately my situation has been up and down in the past 2 years but still trending downwards. While my back herniation feels like it has mostly healed, my hip...
Hi all, thank you for your thoughts :praying: I'll respond to each of you individually.
@Jamie
You're right. I've organised to see another surgeon just to get a fresh perspective. I've booked that for September. Most people are on vacation in August in Europe.
The idea that a hip replacement...
Hi @djklaugh thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.
Last x-ray was about 1 year ago as a checkup. The corrections to the bone structure were still good for preventing FAI.
Regarding the injections, I agree with you - I know it won't reverse the damage. My understanding is that none...
Well, I'm back again here to give more updates/thoughts.
In the last 3 months I worked really hard on physio therapy and returning to fitness. Perhaps more than any previous effort I've tried. I've avoided running and focused on cycling with weight training and mobility.
Let's start with the...
Hi all, I wanted to post another update. A few things since my last post here:
I returned to PT and the gym. My PT has been focused on hip mobilisation and in particular I've been finding that the Copenhagen plank helps reduce my pain and symptoms.
As this targets the adductors, I have tried...
No yet. First available appointment isn't until 2nd of May for the test.
I've had 2 epidural injections in the last 6 months and they helped reduce the day-to-day pain for a few months.
@Caspa Hey Caspa, thanks for the thoughts. Sorry to hear about your journey and yes I agree I'm too young for this... although I'm ok to have injuries as long as they get fixed. What I hate is how long it seems to take before it becomes clear that whatever I've tried/done (surgery, PT, etc) was...
It’s interesting you describe it as “piriformis pain”. For me I feel it in the glute but I can’t really say for sure that it’s “the piriformis” in particular that’s hurting.
I have no pain in the IT band. But I have discomfort across the front of the thigh. Often clicking or popping can occur...
@benne68 if you don't mind, I have some more questions to ask you about your piriformis pain.
My goal is to understand how similar our problems are to determine just how likely a conservative treatment that has helped you might help me:
Where does the pain normally appear?
The glute?
The hip...
I see. For me the problem can make it painful to sit and this was worse/stronger during the disc herniation 6 months ago. Which does suggest they're strongly connected.
By "back surgery", were you imagining microdiscectomy?
I saw a spinal surgeon but they felt the herniation relatively small...
It’s reassuring to hear a similar story and I’m sorry to hear you’ve had your own pains and journey. But happy to hear you’ve overcome a lot of it, it seems.
I’m planning to see a new PT next week and I think they can perform massage as well. I think I will push for this and a focus on core...
Thanks for sharing this. I’ve thought about piriformis syndrome. And I’ve tried stretches such as this in the past. It never felt like it “changed” the fundamental problem though. But it did feel pleasant to do these stretches.
I have so many fears now:
- fear that my labrum is damaged beyond...
Thanks Layla.
I think you’re right. My current plan makes sense. But I’m just wondering if anyone else has thoughts based on my experiences and pain?
Has anyone else here herniated a disc and had hip surgery? Has anyone else had this problem of a deep knot in their glute that seems to also...
Hi all, I'm back with an update, twenty one months later -
Summary:
12~ years ago I hurt my back badly (bulged disc in L5-S1 we think). After that injury, my hip started to feel different but it was a slow process of degradation.
6~ years ago, I bulged the L5-S1 disc again.
My hip worsened...
Just wanted to say I'm very happy to hear this Golfer!
I've also made some new progress in my recovery, it seems mine really just needed more time. It feels that after the 15th month mark, it turned around quite suddenly for me and my ability to improve at the gym without setbacks is now...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.