Recent content by Fran55

  1. F

    Bilateral TKR Swelling Post Op 9 weeks

    Hi @Newknees3 . I am in Sydney. I had a BTKR in May 2020. Reading through my thread may help. Do you have private health insurance? I think that is where we are so lucky here in Australia. I am fortunate to have top hospital cover. I had two days on a ward and 10 days in rehab before going home...
  2. F

    TKR 18 months post op but still have very tight knees

    @Scouser - I note you are from Oz. I am from Sydney. I had my bilateral TKR May 12 2020 so am 12 months ahead of you. My surgeon would have been horrified at me doing anywhere near what you have been doing. I had no real Physio while on the ward or in rehab ( private hospital) only stretching...
  3. F

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR - it does get better

    @Scouser - I note you are from Oz. I am from Sydney. I had my bilateral TKR May 12 2020 so am 12 months ahead of you. My surgeon would have been horrified at me doing anywhere near what you have been doing. I had no real Physio while on the ward or in rehab ( private hospital) only stretching...
  4. F

    TKR More pain with obesity

    @JOANIEEE I am overweight and had both knees replaced 12 months ago. On observing people around me while I was in the rehab ward I noticed people's size had little to do with how they were coping with the pain. As an example, there was one woman who was very determined , did all the exercises...
  5. F

    Bilateral TKR 2 years out and facing up to facts

    Wow ! @Ghostpipe is sounds like you are doing very well. I was on elbow crutches for a few weeks after my surgery. I am still not game to get down into a bath after 12 months !
  6. F

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR - it does get better

    @Sisterpat - well that took a while! It took a good 6-7 months I am sorry to say. I struggled with sleeping until I was able to sleep without a pillow between my knees. It then just became more comfortable to sleep I think.
  7. F

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR - it does get better

    @Ghostpipe hang in there. It's "a long and winding road" but it will get better. Even 12 months on a big day out will leave me with some discomfort but everything I have read says improvement will continue. Be kind to yourself!
  8. F

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR - it does get better

    Could Admin please change my thread title to Bilateral TKR - it does get better. 12 month follow up. Thanks. On Monday I had my 12 month check up after my Bilateral TKR in May 2020. I am really happy with my knees. Every few weeks after the operation I would notice the improvements. I listed...
  9. F

    Knee Infection* Infection at 7 Months Post Op - Back to Crutches

    Oh @Mrs. Ciz - I haven't been on here for a while (have had a bout of Shingles). I have just been reading and catching up with your situation.You poor thing - you have been through so much! I do so hope you have turned a corner now and things will now look up so you can move forward with the new...
  10. F

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR - it does get better

    It is now 9 months since my Bilateral TKR. My knees are really good. There is still some residual stiffness and a little pain if I have had a big day but I am so happy with them. When I think back over the months I realise that we have to celebrate the small gains. I was so happy each month or...
  11. F

    TKR 6 weeks post op TKR

    I am so glad my surgeon decided to do both my knees at the same time - no worrying about "next time" .
  12. F

    TKR A little more of my story

    @idigdirt - follow the advice given on here. I had a Bilateral TKR last May. My surgeon doesn't believe in aggressive physiotherapy.I did some stretching exercises while in hospital but didn't go to physio after discharge. I just continued the stretching exercises at home and went about my...
  13. F

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR - it does get better

    Well today marks 7 months since my bilateral TKR. There have been some changes. The knees themselves continue to improve. I am really happy with the progress I have made. The knees are still a bit tight and there is occasional pain but nothing too bad and overall things are so much better than...
  14. F

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR - 18 days PO

    @Celle and @TW50 - it is quite fascinating how different places use different techniques isn’t it. Having had a bilateral TKR I certainly continued to use support until I felt I was really ready to give them up. Here in Australia elbow crutches are generally used after surgery , no discomfort...
  15. F

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR - 18 days PO

    Hi @TW50 . I am 65 and had a bilateral TKR in May. I only used a walker for a day in hospital and then moved to crutches. I was on two crutches for about 6 weeks and I them moved to a walking stick for a few weeks.I continued to use the stick occasionally for a while if I was going somewhere I...
Back
Top Bottom