Recent content by forbesy

  1. forbesy

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Hi Jockette I can't agree more and love the site for all the support I went through with my three hip replacements and left knee replacement, I really don't know what I would have done without them.
  2. forbesy

    TKR New Left Knee replacement

    Hi folks haven't been in for a while as I have been feeling **** with what my doc said was a viral Infection eventually went back for an antibiotic which still hasn't cleared it and only just over two weeks of being back at work I had to go off for a few days to let me recover. Anyway back to my...
  3. forbesy

    TKR New Left Knee replacement

    Hi quick update after writing the last blog I made a decision to elevate both legs putting ice on my left kee and and a hot water bottle on my right. After a while I maneuvered my right leg to get comfy and there was an almighty click in my right knee my wife heard it and asked what was that I...
  4. forbesy

    TKR Groin pain

    The first few weeks were a bit of a nightmare for me but you eventually get there, putting a pillow between you legs helps take the pressure off a bit.
  5. forbesy

    TKR Fast Recovery

    You seem to be doing well, discomfort trying to find a comfy position was always annoying but I put a pillow between my legs and that helped.
  6. forbesy

    TKR I year anniversary

    Defo Michael not got stairs in my house and sometimes I wish I had as I feel it helps, get upstairs ok but feel like a five year old coming down.
  7. forbesy

    TKR New Left Knee replacement

    Hi Folks just checking in busy with the driveway just now NO not me doing it. I made a decision to return to work on Tuesday and everything was going swimmingly until the middle of this week then I started to suffer pain in my other knee strange as it was stiff like my leg that had been operated...
  8. forbesy

    TKR 9 weeks post op

    Hi @Hallsy317 Jaycey asked if you ice the swelling but you replied with pain killers, you really need to ice the swollen knee at least four times a day to bring that swelling right down. Hang in there as I feel I may have to take some extra time off work.
  9. forbesy

    TKR New Left Knee replacement

    Well guys here we are 2019 hopefully things will go well had a very hectic 2018 although we got to the bottom of a lot of my wifes problems. Due to go back to work a week on monday but considering putting it back a couple of weeks will decide by the end of this week.
  10. forbesy

    TKR Poptarts' Surgery on December 24, 2018<

    Hi @poptarts I am also another one who decided not to take extra PT and let my knee heal naturally, I do the execises the hospital passed on but try not to overdo it. Starting to do some physical exercise to take all they extra pounds I put on sitting about nothing to strenuous though. Mind...
  11. forbesy

    TKR New Left Knee replacement

    Merry Christmas everyone have a fab day :tree2; :santa hug:
  12. forbesy

    TKR New Left Knee replacement

    It comes and goes Celle it's more at the top of my leg off to the left now and happened after my tkr. Silly I only feel the numbness when i touch it. The more I feel it it goes up to my left hip which I had to get replaced it's not sore just numb
  13. forbesy

    TKR New Left Knee replacement

    Cheers folks another silly question I'm afraid. I seem to get this numb feeling at the front of my leg above my knee replacement and when I went for my hospital check up the physio looked confused. I don't always get bother from it, it comes and goes.
  14. forbesy

    TKR Kigeliakit's Recovery Thread<

    @kigeliakit well come on board a brave woman getting your second done on the 25th February doesn't leave a lot of recovery time between knees. You appear to do quite a lot of heavy lifting, I would be wary of putting that kind of pressure on your knees shortly after having them done please be...
  15. forbesy

    TKR New Left Knee replacement

    @Jockette @Josephine @sistersinhim thanks for the feedback girls was going to go to the hibs game yesterday as my son managed to get a few free tickets but the trouble is the seats are high up so the thought of coming down all they stairs put me off completely. Overall I am doing quite well and...
Back
Top Bottom