Hi everyone! Here is an update 2.5 years after my second knee replacement (I have them in both knees). I turned 66 this year. I literally have no pain in either knee -- just a bit of temporary stiffness infrequently in the partial if I sit for several hours in the same position. Otherwise, I am...
Hi everyone! It has been so long since I have been on this forum that I am not sure I remember how to post so I apologize if this is in the wrong place. It has been about 19 months since my total knee replacement. I don't even think about it now. I am very active (I think) for a 65 year old and...
Hi everyone! I promised a one-year update on my TKR from May 2021. Other than having a mild Omicron BA.2 infection, I have been doing very well. I am hiking, gardening, strength training (at home with a really cool adjustable weight set), and engaging in so many other simple everyday tasks with...
Hi BoneSmart friends! I am back to give a 7-month update on my TKR. Here's some "stuff" I did just this past week that I couldn't do before my replacement:
Hiked (often joined by my husband and pup) through various wooded parklands every morning for 60 - 90 minutes. Tricky tree roots and rocky...
Hi all! It has been almost 5 months since my TKR in May. This is only MY experience -- comparing ourselves to others in this journey can only result in disappointment! I just hope I can give someone encouragement and hope that progress does happen. It just takes time.
I hardly think about my...
Hi! Well, I am heading into Week 15 tomorrow. Really don't think about the knee that much. (Except coming down stairs the normal way sometimes. )
I guess I am one of THOSE active people again after 15 years of one pain or another in both knees. We have a trip planned to visit our son and his...
Thank you JoWo and Smokey1. The 12 week anniversary of my new knee passed this week and I forgot to even celebrate! Though tonight I am a definitely a member of the over-doers club. I did a strength training routine this morning as usual, which was fine. But then before dinner, I decided to...
@Jo Wo Sorry to hear about the heart palpitations. I know they can be scary -- I was diagnosed with AFIB several years ago. I had a few minor palpitations not long after my knee surgery and wonder if they were related. A few things that have helped keep them at bay though are: reducing or...
Greetings! It will be 12 weeks next week since I had my RTKR. I am still a member of the "over-doers club" about once a week. A bit sore in the night from hiking and just carrying old items to the curb for bulk-pickup. We are cleaning out a storage area that is under our second-floor sunroom. I...
@Sandy11 Oh my goodness. I have not been on the forum for quite a while and just read your post saying that you had a stroke. I am so sorry to hear this -- but from your reports, it appears you are recovering from that well. Keep up the walking if you can because it will make a difference in...
Hi friends. Coming up on 10 weeks. Amazing! Started painting again. My neck and right hand start to get stiff before I even think about my knee. For those of you in the early stages who are discouraged because all you seem to be doing is watching TV — don’t be. I felt the same way; but now our...
@Jo Wo and the others posting here — I am here to tell you that your regular life will return to you. One day you will just realize that you walked to the bathroom or got into the car without thinking about your knee. Not to say you won’t be without twinges and days you feel you have overdone...
Hi. I think they are No. 5 in the first response Jockette sent you. Click on the link under No. 5 or see if this will open for you.
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/activity-progression-for-tkrs.14334/
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.