Recent content by Florida 1

  1. Florida 1

    TKR 5½ years later

    After reading the post/article, the bursitis I experience off-and-on now makes sense! I never thought it was all the same issue.
  2. Florida 1

    TKR 5½ years later

    Hi All! September and December will mark 6 years with my new knees. There is still not a day that goes by that I am not thankful I had it done and VERY thankful for BoneSmart for helping me be prepared and informed every step of the way! I share what I learned here and the website info with...
  3. Florida 1

    Anyone else in their 40's having knee replacement?

    I was diagnosed with arthritis at 35 when I had really bad foot pain. For the next 10+ years I ignored the pain as best I could with meds, not knowing that there was another solution. Finally in 2011, it just hit me - I couldn't ignore the pain and the meds weren't making life any easier. I went...
  4. Florida 1

    TKR PT did hurt

    You are correct - there is no need to use force on your knee, just gentle stretching exercises such as ankle pumps, heel glides, etc. as you find on this website. What he/she is doing is only re-inflaming those muscles/tissues that are trying to heal from surgery which causes swelling and sets...
  5. Florida 1

    Less knee pain right after surgery?

    Yes, the day after surgery was much less painful than any of the days in the 6 - 12 months before. There was "healing" pain, but as long as I took the meds it's was mostly just discomfort. (Using the strap to get my leg up & down from bed in the first few weeks cut out any extreme pain). Being...
  6. Florida 1

    Should i do it?

    Why deal with any pain any longer than you have to? Knowing what I know, and feeling how I do now, I would most definitely have a bilateral - the sooner the better. The longer you wait the more difficult your recovery, and in the meantime in compensating for the knee pain you're most likely...
  7. Florida 1

    Looking for OS in Florida Who Will Operate on Obese Patients

    I had Dr. Duke in Ocala and I know he's done thousands of TKRs. I don't know what his view is on weight. I don't know what my BMI is, so not sure if it might've been an issue with someone else. I definitely recommend Dr. Duke and Ocala is not that much further south than Gainesville. Give them a...
  8. Florida 1

    TKR 6 weeks post-op, please help

    Cloudy, I understand your concern. After my TKRs, a lot of things hurt, but my knees never did while walking. I'm wondering if you don't have a pinched nerve or something? Just make sure you get your concerns heard on Wednesday. Good luck and let us know what you find out.
  9. Florida 1

    Right knee

    Good for you! Best of luck and let us know of any questions or concerns!
  10. Florida 1

    What is the first week like?

    I catnapped for the majority of the first week home, never able to sleep more than an hour 1/2 at a time. I couldn't concentrate to read so watched TV or played quick games on the laptop computer. I appreciated being brought my meals but feel that I could probably have quickly heated something...
  11. Florida 1

    Got A Date

    Just be sure to be familiar with the "no pain, MORE gain" approach to PT and read as much as you can here about it. So many trust that their docs know best but I'm not so sure the OS's know the pain and setbacks some overly aggressive physical therapist can cause. You should go to the point of...
  12. Florida 1

    Feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all

    Try to look at this whole thing from the "glass half full" perspective. Instead of thinking of all the negatives and things that might go wrong, think of the much more likely great outcome of having many years ahead of you virtually pain free! And I envy your bilateral surgery - mine were done 3...
  13. Florida 1

    TKR Numb

    I'm over 2 years out and still have small areas of numbness around my knees. However, I had another surgery in the 80's for a female condition that left a half-dollar sized area of numbness on my inside thigh to this day. I wouldn't be overly concerned.
  14. Florida 1

    No X-ray damage so no knee replacement...am I crazy??

    Go ahead and contact Dr. Duke's office and let them know your circumstances. His PA always listened really well to my questions and concerns and I'm sure they would not just dismiss you. Good luck!
  15. Florida 1

    No X-ray damage so no knee replacement...am I crazy??

    Dord, I'm not sure if you're referring to the OS that did my surgeries - Dr. Duke in Ocala. I feel that he and his team did a great job with my replacements and care. That being said, the xrays very obviously showed bone on bone with me. I would guess that xrays are the quickest and easiest...
Back
Top Bottom