Recent content by FlaGranny

  1. F

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    You should have received a blood thinner (or aspirin) to take to prevent clots. Also, do foot pumps to work the leg muscles. Hope you were doing those. The hospital docs will probably give you all the care and info you need to take care of the clots.
  2. F

    TKR FlaGranny 2nd Knee 9/26/16

    CURCUMIN/TUMERIC! It works for me better than Tylenol or Aleve. Took it for a few days, felt better, stopped and felt worse, started again felt better - a lot less stiffness and sorenss. Since I started the celedrin and krill oil, not sure if it is helping my joints yet, but it sure is...
  3. F

    Appointment with Surgeon

    It's great that you found this site first because the surgeon never prepares you quite enough for the recovery stage.
  4. F

    Appointment with Surgeon

    My first visit to my surgeon (which I considered to be an evaluation) was a look at my x-rays which I brought with me, and then new x-rays, and a sit-down talk about my knees and all the pros and cons about having them done. He told me to let him know when I was ready and I said "right now."...
  5. F

    TKR Post Op 5 months, Gait, Buttock/hamstring spasms

    Your gait probably will not normalize until you have your second knee done. Your bowed leg is probably shorter than your other leg. Perhaps a lift in your shoe of your shorter leg would help until you have surgery.
  6. F

    TKR FlaGranny 2nd Knee 9/26/16

    I've had back problems for some time. Can't actually say they are worse after surgery on the knees. I had back x-rays years ago and was told my spine was "ratty." OA is something I wouldn't wish on anyone, but so many of us have it. My mom passed away at age 94 with NO arthritis. I wasn't...
  7. F

    TKR FlaGranny 2nd Knee 9/26/16

    It's been a long time since I updated. It is now 7-1/2 months for my left knee and 6 months for my right. I've been having a lot of trouble with muscle soreness and arthritis in other joints. My knees, though, are doing well. I can do whatever I want or need to do, except still cannot kneel...
  8. F

    To replace or not to replace...

    I agree that the type of prosthesis will not make much or any difference in recovery time, although there are a few people who have "miraculous" recoveries without regard to which brand is used. I have ConforMis in both knees and while my recovery was pretty smooth, others with a different kind...
  9. F

    A couple of questions

    I have the same brand replacement you are getting, in both knees. I cannot tell that they are not my original knees except for the fact that I occasionally feel a little clunk when I move a certain way and the arthritic pain is gone.
  10. F

    Revision TKR susieo461<

    I can't give you advice about your meds, but wonder why the doctor wants you to continue PT with your very excellent ROM. PT is probably making your muscles swell and stiffen up. It sounds like your recovery is going very well. I'd quit the PT if I were you. I had 6 PT visits with first knee...
  11. F

    Kneeling

    @dadman35, I discovered Asimov as a young woman. He is my favorite and turned me on to SciFi too.
  12. F

    Kneeling

    Or orthopedic surgeon - more like "definitely" orthopedic surgeon. Must have been half asleep when I typed that.
  13. F

    TKR How much pain??<

    Maybe, but I've found that waking up in pain is a very normal thing. While you are sleeping you don't move much and your muscles get stiff. I still have a bit of trouble with it. It may go on for a month or several months. Usually I shake or kick my legs a bit or get up and go to the...
  14. F

    Discussion on exercising

    I'm not sure what the name of the machine is, but a PT I saw years ago had an arm bike. I tried it and it can give you quite a workout. A good machine for cardio if you can't use your legs for some reason.
  15. F

    TKR Sabad's Recovery Is Underway!<

    I was able to drive at 4-1/2 weeks, but some people take longer, some less time. Your leg must be strong enough to slam on the brakes in an emergency. Funny thing is that the first time I drove, I was in a parking lot when someone pulled in front of me and I had to slam the brake pedal and...
Back
Top Bottom