Recent content by fishy

  1. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    Hi, I had both knees replaced last year (2018) 4 months apart. One in Oct and the second in December. I still am unable to kneel without a lot of discomfort on my incision scars. It's not the knee that hurts, just where the scars. I've tried kneeling on a pillow, etc. I still can't stand it for...
  2. F

    TKR Numb & Painful Foot

    I'm so sorry you are still having the pain and numbness. I had both of my knees done 4 months apart. With the first one, done Oct of 2018, I woke up with tingling in my foot. It feels like when your foot is asleep all of the time! I still have it a year later...no answers for me either and no...
  3. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    Thank you so much. I love hearing everyone's experiences and advice. I've just got to learn to be a little more patient I guess. :gaah:
  4. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    Oh no, I really appreciate your reply! Your poor knees! I'm glad you have seen improvement. I am hopeful that I will as well. I'm working on cleaning out my pantry right now and had to take a break and sit down for a minute and saw your post. It's like I just get this stiff feeling just above...
  5. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    Really? And it's been since 2016 since your TKR? So are we stuck with this forever? I am really hating it!!
  6. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    I have a new question for you all... First of all, I am doing better, thank goodness. I don't often have a lot of knee pain and am able to sleep pretty well most nights. I do find, however, that if I stand for more than 30 or 40 minutes, like when I'm preparing a meal or something, that my...
  7. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    @Pamjam68 I had the same stitch issue with my second knee as well but not right on the bend, so mine wasn’t painful. It finally did resolve itself. I’ve used Mederma on my incisions daily, as soon as they closed and it has helped A LOT with the scarring. It’s just an over the counter gel...
  8. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    @Pamjam68 Wow! We do sound like we are in a similar boat don't we? I know the stiffness after sitting for a little while, laying in one position at night for long and after standing up for more than 20 - 30 minutes makes me feel like I'm never going to be 'normal' again! I hate it! I wish I...
  9. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    Thank you Josephine. That gives me hope then.
  10. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    Jockette, Thank you for your input. I'm so happy for you that it's worked so well for you. I live in a very small town and we don't have a pool here for PT. I'm surprised that the pool caused you pain, I would think it would be less painful that way. I'm hopeful that I will find Bonesmart to be...
  11. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    Thank you for your reply Josephine. Regarding scar tissue vs adhesions... I have had three c-sections and have had a lot of adhesions which cause me some occasional tugging and slight pain in my abdomen. During my last c-section my doctor told me I should definitely not have any more children...
  12. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    Thank you. I really love hearing everyone's experiences with this. It helps a lot.
  13. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    Thank you so much for your reply! I am kind of a 'rule follower' and have tried to be the model patient following the Dr's orders, and doing what I have always assumed was the best thing, since they are all professionals and do this every day. I know some of my PT people personally and admire...
  14. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    Ok thank you.
  15. F

    TKR Kneeling after TKR<

    Josephine, "my ROM was flexion 127 and extension, almost completely flat" My flexion was 127 while being 'forced' at my last physical therapy appointment. My previous knee at my last appointment for it, while being pushed by them, was 137. When I was there for my current knee, they measured...
Back
Top Bottom