Lol, no. Mostly they just sit around table and tell old "war stories" and gossip :rotfl: I've gotten pretty good at "listening" to my knee. If it hurts the slightest bit, I back off and do something easier, or just elevate it and grab the ice. I never realized an ice pack would be such a...
And on a good note, my PT says that if I am not the fastest he's seen in recovery, I'm definitely in the top 3. Feel pretty good about that. Got a ride up to the fire station today and hung out with the guys. Even jumped in the fitness room and did an upper body workout. Lifted my spirits a lot...
Right now it's a 2. Today was actually a pretty good day. At the worst yesterday it was a 5.
I take Celebrex 200mg every morning. And at night as needed, it's Norco 10-325mg.
Did you mean knee? I ice it 2-3 times a day. about 20 minutes at a time.
Pretty much whenever I'm sitting, it's either...
Thank Ya'll. I think my biggest problem, is that all my life I've been taught to work hard and give 100%. Before my knee problem, I was working two side jobs, plus a home based business, on top of my Fire Dept. schedule. And it has caught up to me that I'm not "providing" for my family like I...
Okay, really needing help. Seems like I have hit a wall. My knee is recovering great, but in the last couple of days, I have been fighting depression like crazy. I ended up back in the ER yesterday afternoon to rule out DVT. Have had pain in lower calf the last couple of days. PT and my Dr. both...
icep707, because I have been off due to it being a work injury, I really don't have a set time. But we're shooting for August 4 to be my first shift back. It will all hinge on what rehab and the dr. says. I'm leaving it in their hands and not trying to force it any sooner than I have to. I...
I'm going to a big meeting tomorrow. Right now, I'm pretty positive I'll have the cane with me. Like you say, at something to let them know to stay back a few feet, lol.
I never did try P90x. It just always looked too painful lol. They show a lot of modifications on the DDPYoga. I was able to do a lot of the exercises before the surgery. Not really planning on trying until PT and the Doc gives me full release to do it. We have a really nice fitness room at the...
Thank you @TexasTee and Howdy Neighbor, lol. @icep707 nailed it. It's awesome, and I'm really looking forward to getting started again. So...........follow up appt. yesterday. Doc was very happy with my progression. I took my book I had gotten from my PT. It had all of the ROMs listed and he was...
PT was ecstatic today. Even though I'm not locking out at 0 yet (kinda bounced between 1 & 2) my upper range today was 125. Up from 116 on Monday. He's cutting his visits back to two a week. I'll keep doing my exercises three times a day. I feel a lot better after doing them. My big issue right...
RTKR on April 17. Spent two days in hospital, then sent home. Stayed on a steady pain meds schedule the first week, then decreased to as needed, which is most at bedtime to allow me to sleep for a while. Not waking up in major pain, more of a discomfort. Usually take another pain pill (Norco)...
Eleven days post op. PT just left. ROM is -2 to 115 degrees. Pain is really minimal. Ice and very few meds are controlling it. Go back for follow up Thursday. PT expects doc to pull staples and release me to swimming and pool workouts. Really ready to get back to my DDPYoga. PT says probably...
Hey everybody. So far it's going good. The worst pain I've had so far is right after PT. (we had words about that, I told him my knee never bothered me after surgery until I did PT. He said I overdid it, I said well, you let me overdo it, and so on and so on etc.......) Have gone through lots of...
Relaxing has been the key thing yesterday and this morning. Femoral block came out yesterday morning around 5 am. Did a round around the floor with PT, and then they came in and sent me home. Following the exercises they sent home and not deviating from the plan. Thank you Josephine for the...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.