Recent content by FiremanSam

  1. FiremanSam

    2019 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

    Well I’ve finally bitten the bullet and accepted I need a left hip replacement with the op scheduled for 30th November with Job Conroy at Harrogate & District NHS FT Hospital. Just a quickie. What are the chances of me attending a graduation ceremony 12 days post op??
  2. FiremanSam

    THR On the waiting list

    Well I’ve finally bitten the bullet and accepted I need a left hip replacement with the op scheduled for 30th November with Job Conroy at Harrogate & District NHS FT Hospital. Just a quickie. What are the chances of me attending a graduation ceremony 12 days post op??
  3. FiremanSam

    THR On the waiting list

    Thank you @Layla Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. FiremanSam

    THR On the waiting list

    At the moment when it gets really sore I’m just having to grit my teeth and battle through it Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. FiremanSam

    THR On the waiting list

    I’m actually excited now. Had a double hernia in June and once sufficiently recovered I’ve been going to spin classes loads and doing daily sessions on the concept 2 BikeErg accumulating over 1,000,000 metres, resulting in losing 19 lbs. want to be in best shape possible for surgery in the hope...
  6. FiremanSam

    THR On the waiting list

    He’s told me the waiting list is 7 mo the bit I’ll probably be offered cancellation dates!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. FiremanSam

    THR On the waiting list

    The pain has got too much now in my left hip and is impacting on my life. As such after 2 years of posts on here and seeking info I’ve now managed to get on Jon Conroy’s waiting list!! I couldn’t be happier. Just talking to him I know I’ve made the right decision
  8. FiremanSam

    THR Hip surgeon

    The surgeon I’m wanting to go with is Mr Jon Conroy based at Harrogate and Leeds but it was mainly because of the accuracy of his procedures reducing wear, due to the robot assisted arm. As he only does this for private patients I’m wanting information on his NHS hip replacements Sent from my...
  9. FiremanSam

    THR Hip surgeon

    I’ve just chased his secretary and the referral hasn’t come through yet!! However, I’ve just found out that he doesn’t do the robot assisted surgery on NHS patients, that’s reserved for the private patients which is a bit of a downer Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. FiremanSam

    THR Hip surgeon

    I’ve now got to the stage where I’m in pain constantly with my left hip and it’s also effecting my way of life and sleep so I’ve decided to make inroads into sorting out surgery. I’ve been seeing a consultant locally for the last 2 years, annually, but I really want to be under the care of Mr...
  11. FiremanSam

    FiremanSam - need reassurance!

    Anyone know roughly what the NHS waiting times are now for THR if seeing a surgeon for the consultation privately?? My plan is to pay to see Job Conroy, but I haven’t got the money to pay for private surgery Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. FiremanSam

    THR in early 40s, what's the quid pro quo in later years?

    I’m an active fire fighter currently working as a recruit instructor. I too am in pain and need my left hip sorting, but I’m putting this off in the hope I can continue in this role until the end of 2019. However, it has only recently started waking me at night with pain and this is effecting my...
  13. FiremanSam

    FiremanSam - need reassurance!

    Again appreciate the comments. If I really want a surgeon (Jon Conroy) to do my THR am I best paying to see him privately and then asking to be operated on via the NHS? Do I need my GP to refer me? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. FiremanSam

    FiremanSam - need reassurance!

    Another point I should have asked. After a THR can you still sleep on your side? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. FiremanSam

    FiremanSam - need reassurance!

    Love these encouraging comments. Had my second X-ray of both hips Done yesterday, one year on from initial diagnosis. Slight progression and consultants assistant says we will be lead on my pain and when I want to go for the operation.
Back
Top Bottom