Recent content by Finally

  1. F

    TKR Finally in recovery

    Good morning! The nerve block has htremendously. Gives me hope that the ablation will work for me. I'm on day six post nerve block and I have done more in the last few days than I could hope for, shopping, gardening, cleaned the house, cooked meals, all after working all day! I feel like me...
  2. F

    TKR Finally in recovery

    Hi all! Been a while since I've posted. Still in recovery I guess. 2 years out from revision and still in pain. I crazy symptoms, erratic, burning, tingling, aching and even imaginary water running down my leg. So last Thursday I went for a genucular nerve block. It has helped so much. I...
  3. F

    Revision TKR Finally’s Knee revision in February

    Good morning! Looks like water therapy will not happen. Surgeon does not want me submerged in water until incision is completely healed. Guess I'll have to wait until summer to get my water time in! Had follow up on Friday with surgeon. We are both so happy! He was grinning from ear to ear...
  4. F

    Revision TKR Finally’s Knee revision in February

    Good morning all! I woke up this morning feeling the best yet! Slept for a full 8 hours! This is just so amazing. Going to see surgeon tomorrow for post op. I am so grateful for this guy! So to add a bit of irritation to my anger at last surgeon. His office just called to schedule my...
  5. F

    Revision TKR Finally’s Knee revision in February

    Good morning! I'm still here! Unfortunately the stomach discomfort escalated and I had to stop all the meds for a few days. I did continue the aspirin to protect against blood clots. Spoke with doctor and he was ok with me not taking anything until my stomach settled as long as I wasn't in...
  6. F

    Revision TKR Finally’s Knee revision in February

    Thanks for the well wishes! I am feeling so good! The nerve block is slowly going away and I still feel pretty good. Pain is not bad at all. Took dilaudid this morning but it made my stomach feel pretty awful. Tylenol seems to be enough right now. PT came this morning and I am at 0...
  7. F

    Revision TKR Finally’s Knee revision in February

    Hello All! Surgery was yesterday and today I am home! It went so well that I am in awe. Nothing like the first time. The nerve block worked and I feel wonderful. The foot is straight, I have 0 flexion and about 45 bend! Some pain but so manageable! Doctor was thrilled, I could see the...
  8. F

    Revision TKR Knee revision in February

    Thank you so much! Can you believe that I just got a call from the surgeon!!! He actually called just to make sure that I am ready for tomorrow and to see if I have any questions. Just so surprised and impressed! Already a different experience and I haven't even gotten to the hospital yet!
  9. F

    Revision TKR Knee revision in February

    Thank you everyone for the support! Tomorrow is the day! Feeling very anxious but I guess I am ready. I worked yesterday and was on my feet for hours, had to drive for about 2 hours, lots of stairs and I paid for it last night. I work as a design consultant for window treatments and have to...
  10. F

    Revision TKR Knee revision in February

    Hi Scaredycat! Thanks for the pep talk! I think my biggest issues the "shoulds". I should have not had pain but I did. Worse than I ever imagined. I shouldn't have pain this time but... I am trying to be rational. My surgeon seemed appalled by my previous experience. I asked him whether...
  11. F

    TKR My Journey

    I just finished reading your thread. Amazing! I hope that my revision goes like this! I needed to read this today. Thank you!
  12. F

    Revision TKR Knee revision in February

    Good morning everyone! I've been up since 4am. This seems to be my new pattern. I did this after my last knee replacement so maybe my body is just preparing! LOL I saw my surgeon on Wednesday. I really like him. He is confident but not arrogant. He is very optomistic about the outcome...
  13. F

    Revision TKR Knee revision in February

    Hi quisnees! I am going this morning for my pre-op appointment with surgeon. Having another set of x-rays and such. I am so nervous that I feel ill. My surgery is scheduled for February 21. Seeing Dr. Markowitz. Was referred to him by Dr. McLawhorn who did my husbands very complicated hip...
  14. F

    Revision TKR Knee revision in February

    Hey Jockette, I remember you from my first go round. I was fortunate to find this doc. My husband had a complicated hip replacement at this hospital. Why didn't I go here first! I am not totally confident, I am terrified but really don't have a choice. I am 62 and feel like I am 80! My...
  15. F

    Revision TKR Knee revision in February

    Hi Roy, It really does seem over the top. The comment of "I have nothing left to offer you" was just too much. Not sure if there is any recourse, surgery will be just 2 years from first so I may have missed the window to do anything. So frustating. I was so prepared for the first, had my...
Back
Top Bottom