Recent content by FiFiTrixy

  1. F

    THR Back pain post THR and pain<

    Thanks Mojo333, there’s nothing of concern on the x-rays. I have got her booked in to get her gait checked (I think she has grown on one side more).
  2. F

    THR Back pain post THR and pain<

    Hello old friends, I hope the team at Bonesmart are going from strength to strength. We are five years on from Eva’s THR and she is now completing her final year of biomed. On the the whole, she is leading a normal life now although each year around about this time she seems to have a set back...
  3. F

    SCFE problems ongoing (three years post op)

    Hi Josephine, we aren't really doing any physio as such as it wasn't recommended and I was led to believe that the hip would get the exercise it needed just through regular walking. So, since September particularly, she's been doing a lot - she's back at school full-time (after almost four...
  4. F

    THR Back pain post THR and pain<

    Thanks Jaycey - advice much appreciated. Sorry about new threads, I've never used a message board or blog before ... clueless!
  5. F

    THR Back pain post THR and pain<

    Thanks Layla, much appreciated.
  6. F

    THR Back pain post THR and pain<

    Hi all, I forgot to ask my daughter's surgeon about footwear at her last follow-up appointment. Her legs are both the same length now so we don't need orthotics but are there any restrictions on what type of heel height she can wear? I'm obviously not planning on buying her stilettos but...
  7. F

    THR Back pain post THR and pain<

    Hi @Layla - feeling on top of the world today (I am anyway!! Eva's still sleeping off the long trip!!!). The x-ray looks fine, her scar is healing beautifully, the pain is improving ... but most importantly Eva heard the magic words "It's now OK to be OK". The faith she'd lost in her health...
  8. F

    THR Back pain post THR and pain<

    Hi Jackie222, other than a bit of cabin fever, Eva is recovering well - we haven't been out this week because of the snow. Each week sees an improvement on the last week. We're due to see the consultant on Wednesday - looking forward to hearing the feedback. Not sure what happens after the...
  9. F

    THR Back pain post THR and pain<

    Hi Jackie222 - it's been a mixed bag of a week physically and emotionally - but yesterday was a good day - and those are the only ones I'm counting!! Eva walked without her crutches - and was able to join her dad on stage for a local open mic evening, for half an hour. No doubt, she'll pay a...
  10. F

    THR Back pain post THR and pain<

    @Josephine - hi Josephine - thanks again and answers (from Eva) below: 1. Posterior 2. Pain score: stabbing pains (6/10) along the side of femur come and go/infrequent lower back soreness and stiffness (5/10 - 7/10 variable swelling from knee, to thigh, to hip generally 1/10 but can go up to...
  11. F

    THR Back pain post THR and pain<

    @Jackie222 - hi ... small world, so do we We're in Boldmere. The lady she saw at CAMHS was lovely and I know did the job to the best of her abilities. My dismay is more aimed at being labelled CRPS. It feels like a label that they apply. It may as well say 'file in bin'. It's very...
  12. F

    THR Back pain post THR and pain<

    @Jamie Hi Jamie, Eva's RTHR was a result of secondary complications to SUFE (Slipped Upper Femoral Epiphysis). She was diagnosed with Stage 2 SUFE in Dec 2013 (13 y.o) and operated/femur pinned on within 48 hours - she had one of the country's best surgeons. By the end of the first week...
  13. F

    THR Back pain post THR and pain<

    @Josephine - hi Josephine - Eva would be more than happy to answer any of your questions - thanks for your kind offer of help.
  14. F

    THR Back pain post THR and pain<

    Thanks guys - this information has been so useful, both retrospectively and looking forward. I couldn't understand why she's seemed so blue this week ... and now I get it. I'll make sure we keep on top of icing and elevating better too. I also couldn't agree more with Josephine. About two...
  15. F

    SCFE problems ongoing (three years post op)

    Yes, Mr Wilson - a truly, wonderful man. As well as the femur being twisted the hip was deformed - he said he could understand why she had been experiencing high levels of pain. As I say, early days, but it really feels very different this time. She's having back pain at the moment, which...
Back
Top Bottom