Recent content by ferddword

  1. ferddword

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    Thanks, @Jamie. Yep, will be tuned in to how the knee responds after activity. Also don’t know what my ROM is but I can go up and down stairs without issue so really not concerned on the numbers. Any opinions on meloxicam va Advil to make swelling disappear?
  2. ferddword

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    Oh I do get the shocks thru my lower leg, probably from nerves waking up and/or Iovera shots wearing off.
  3. ferddword

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    Hi folks. My 8.5 weeks/almost 2 month update. Going along nicely. I’ve been playing golf once every few days. Knee is still a bit swollen, but ever so slightly going down and me playing I’m sure isn’t letting it reduce the swelling faster. But swelling does take awhile anyway even with regular...
  4. ferddword

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    Well said @Layla ! But when you see the light it’s oh so hard to throttle it down. I will try and chill here and there!
  5. ferddword

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    Yeah I should have but ended up helping my mother in law dig up the plant beds and carried 8 sacks of pot soil. Definitely feeling the knee now - it’s yelling at me! Urgh. ODIC checking in. Will take it easy this weekend! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
  6. ferddword

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    No pain so far. Just clunking and clicking a bit louder this morning.
  7. ferddword

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    Hi everyone. 7 week post op update. Well, I played golf. 18 holes. A lot of bad shots but some good ones. . It was nice to be out there with the guys. I didn’t push off the knee as I normally would but overall no pain. I’m back home icing and elevating. I didn’t notice it swell more than it...
  8. ferddword

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    Yeah I’ll hold off for a bit longer.
  9. ferddword

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Knee feeling pretty good. Icing and elevating less since able to do more but need to stay on that program. Chipped and putt a bit the other day - felt nice to be out there. I’m toying with the idea of playing a round this week. The OS said I could. I...
  10. ferddword

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    Thanks everyone for the heads up on pool activities. I’m talking slow and moving around a bit, walking some but careful to not push too much.
  11. ferddword

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    Hi folks. 6 week anniversary today. Saw the OS yesterday for 1st visit since surgery. She said everything looks good. I’m at 123/0. I have to say pain is minimal. Just have the tightness but not too tight. Still have some numbness from Iovera shots but slowly dissipating. Knee does feel solid...
Back
Top Bottom