Recent content by Feggie

  1. Feggie

    TKR Feggie's TKR Journey <

    The doctor said my bend and extension were great for this stage. 120 flex and 0 extension. I am not ignoring your Posts, Josephine! Sorry you think I am!!
  2. Feggie

    TKR Feggie's TKR Journey <

    Thank you, Jockette and Sistersinhim for the encouragement! I just called my PT office and cancelled all appointments. My husband said "Thats good...every time you go there you come home swollen and miserable...." I just grit my teeth and smile when well meaning people tell me to work hard at...
  3. Feggie

    TKR Feggie's TKR Journey <

    I saw my Dr. for the 2 month check up and he said my Range of Motion and Extension was perfect. He said I only need to continue PT if I want to for muscle strengthening! In that case I will pass, since I usually am swollen and sore when I leave there! I am riding my recumbent bike at home that...
  4. Feggie

    TKR Grammyof2's Recovery Thread

    In the hospital, I only had an ace bandage covering my wound and they kept the ice machine going 24/7, checking to make sure it was always full of ice!
  5. Feggie

    TKR Feggie's TKR Journey <

    I am so happy to hear that you got something positive out of my ramblings! That is what this wonderful site is all about! Hugs! Thank you for that reassurance, kmak81230! Can't believe how the extra icing and rest is helping. Also my big wedge I got from Amazon is so helpful and soothing...
  6. Feggie

    TKR Feggie's TKR Journey <

    After my week off from PT I was back Tues and Thur this week. I was amazed that with no exercise I went from 90 to 120 degrees. It's true that the bend is there and will happen. It happened without PT but from rest. I am not an exerciser but I think PT probably does my fitness good. I told...
  7. Feggie

    TKR Doreen’s Post Op journey

    I must say since I have been taking Tylenol PM I am sleeping so much better.
  8. Feggie

    TKR Feggie's TKR Journey <

    Jockette: You sound just like me. I avoid confrontation, but I am going to stand up for myself when I go to PT. If it hurts I'm going to tell them I'm not doing it! In the past week, on my PT vacation (!), I have gained range of motion, I'm quite sure. I think aggressive PT was keeping me...
  9. Feggie

    TKR Feggie's TKR Journey <

    For Josephine answer to #49 At home I do heel slides, 3 reps of 10 twice a day, knee bends 3 reps of 10 twice a day back kicks, (kicking toward my backside) 2 reps of 10 once a day At PT they have me do 3 sets of 10 leg lifts (hurts) back kicks 2 sets of 10 hamstring stretch 10 times machine...
  10. Feggie

    TKR Feggie's TKR Journey <

    Would an administrator please change my thread title to Feggies TKR Journey? Thank you
  11. Feggie

    TKR Feggie's TKR Journey <

    I had my TKR on Oct. 17, so I am five weeks and 3 days out. I think skipping PT this week was the best thing I have ever done. (Last week when I left I was in so much pain, I got a large swelling on the back of my knee, probably my old Bakers cyst...my doc told me to take the week off)....I feel...
  12. Feggie

    TKR Feggie's TKR Journey <

    Tramadol 50 mg. twice a day.
  13. Feggie

    TKR Feggie's TKR Journey <

    1.My pain level when resting is 1. When I walk 6. When I try to bend 7. 2. I take Tramadol twice a day. I couldn't take Oxycodone, as it gave me a rash. I also take Celebrex once a day. 3.My swelling is moderate 4 ROM 90 bend, extension straight out 5. Icing 4x day for 30 min. 6...
  14. Feggie

    MUA Whome08's Recovery thread

    I had my left TKR on the same day you did. I am keeping up with your progress. I am still very stiff. Today they did an ultrasound to see if I have a blood clot as the back of my knee is very sore. No clot. Probably a Bakers cyst. My doc told me to take the week off from PT, as I was so sore...
  15. Feggie

    TKR Feggie's TKR Journey <

    The things that hurt me and caused the swelling were leg lifts and bends. I have been elevating and icing on and off most of the day.
Back
Top Bottom