Recent content by Fairydell

  1. Fairydell

    I think I am off again

    Hi Mojo. The other day it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't been here for a very long time. I was only going to have a quick look around then I spotted the post about the nerve damage... It brought it all back and I remembered how supportive everyone was to me. I wondered how you all are...
  2. Fairydell

    THR Schaargi Hip #2 Nov. 2

    I think even knowing that my op would go the way it did I don't believe I could have made a different choice. The pain in my hip pre op was so bad that I could hardly walk. At least now all the hip pain has gone. Keep on keeping strong. You will get there in the end. x
  3. Fairydell

    THR Schaargi Hip #2 Nov. 2

    Hello. It's a long time since I popped into the forum. The nerve was damaged in my leg during my hip replacement nearly two years ago. I really can't believe it's been so long. I don't think my leg will ever be fully ok but it's come a very long way since my op. My knee remains very weak and I...
  4. Fairydell

    I think I am off again

    Hello my lovely friend. I am so grateful that the only complaint I have is a weak leg. The lower leg nerves grumble during the evening and I continue to take a nerve blocker to keep the pain at bay. I have tried to come off them a few times but it's too darn painful so I will plod on until I am...
  5. Fairydell

    I think I am off again

    Hi Layla. I suddenly remembered that it was my one year anniversary today. Time has flown by and I only wish I could say that the nerve damage is completely healed. Sadly it continues to cause me problems but at least it isn't the appalling grinding pain that I had before my op. Thank you for...
  6. Fairydell

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    Hello Mojo my friend. Would you believe that is a year ago today that I had my op. Doesn't time fly. Things have greatly improved though I don't think the nerve damage will ever be fully healed. I am grateful for any tiny improvements that come my way these days. My lower leg and knee are...
  7. Fairydell

    I think I am off again

    Thanks Layla... I had a bit of a fall the other day. My naughty leg collapsed under me. It shook me up quite badly but other than a pair of grazed knees there was no lasting damage.. So much for getting up early every day for a walk. I am off to a Ceilidh in an hour to see in the New Year. I...
  8. Fairydell

    I think I am off again

    I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas. Here's hoping that 2020 is a kind year to everyone.
  9. Fairydell

    I think I am off again

    Hello all my lovely hippy buddies. I hope you are all fit and well. I don't really have much progress to report but am limping along nicely. I so hoped that my leg would be back to normal by now but sadly it isn't. The trigger finger isn't too much of a problem since I bought a finger brace...
  10. Fairydell

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    I am just having a little catchup reading all my old fellow hippies posts. I have missed chatting on here and missed all the lovely supportive fellow bone smarties. I have found that It's a long slow process this healing lark.
  11. Fairydell

    Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

    Hello, it's been a while since I had a good look on the forums. I too am still toddlering the stairs but I am working really hard at regaining the muscle that I have lost in my thigh. I still need one crutch outdoors but haven't needed them indoors for ages. The nerve damage is slowly...
  12. Fairydell

    I think I am off again

    Hi @Mojo333 I haven't. been around lately so having a bit of a catch up. Not sure I like the new format but will get used to it. A little progress update, sorry it is a bit long winded. I don't use the leg brace anymore and manage with one crutch outdoors. Indoors I don't use crutches at...
  13. Fairydell

    THR Nerve pain in foot after hip replacement

    Hi Damper. I haven't been around the forum lately so just catching up. I had nerve damage following my hip replacement.. The pain is dreadful. I am currently taking Pregabalin and it took a few dose increases to find a level that helps me cope with the pain. I expect to be on it for quite...
  14. Fairydell

    I think I am off again

    Thanks Layla. I am hoping that it might settle down once the right hip recovers a bit more. I was signed off by the surgeon last week. He was really pleased with how much my poorly leg has improved and told me that a year from now it will have healed as much as it is ever likely to. He can't...
  15. Fairydell

    I think I am off again

    Thanks everyone. When I had my original x ray I was told that the left hip looked worse than the right one. The right one became very painful very quickly and I have a feeling that the left one is doing the same now. I have an appointment with the surgeon on the 10th and I will ask his opinion
Back
Top Bottom