Recent content by Ex Golfer

  1. Ex Golfer

    THR Hippymimi<<

    Hello Hippymimi, I'm glad to hear your recovery is going well if not perfectly. I also have pain in my right buttock on my surgery side. My surgery was two days before yours and I've been told it is normal. I've noticed it does not hurt when I am walking but when I am sitting. So I elevate my...
  2. Ex Golfer

    THR Day 14 Swelling and Muscle Pain<

    Hello @KsKid and @HippyHappy. I'll be 3 weeks out tomorrow for RTHR. I am just now transitioning from the walker to the cane and have only been out of the house twice, both for OS appointments. I have significant swelling of serous fluid under my incision which makes it painful to put my weight...
  3. Ex Golfer

    THR Any experience with bloody seromas?

    Thank you for the correction @Jaycey. Thanks anyway @Josephine for taking a look and getting back to me. I will keep you updated.
  4. Ex Golfer

    THR Any experience with bloody seromas?

    Thank you for the information @KarriB. The fluid aspirated from mine was dark pink. I wish it would be done and never return but it feels like the fluid is reaccumulating again. I'll know for sure later today after removing this pressure bandage. I apologize for creating a new thread @Jamie. I...
  5. Ex Golfer

    THR Any experience with bloody seromas?

    My OS drained a large amount of bloody serum fluid from beneath my incision at my post-op appointment 3/20. The incision itself was healing nicely and there was no sign of infection or bruising. The staples were also removed. He applied a compression bandage and asked me to wear compression...
  6. Ex Golfer

    THR Any experience with bloody seromas?

    Any experience out there with bloody seromas? My OS drained quite a bit of serum fluid tinged with blood from beneath my incision 3/20 at my post-op appointment. The incision itself was healing well so he removed the staples and attached paper strips. There was no sign of infection but it has...
  7. Ex Golfer

    THR Any experience with bloody seromas?

    Many thanks @Krista, for sharing your lived experience and observations. I have decided to go PT free until my next scheduled appointment Monday and to take my pain pills on schedule. If my pain level reduces I should sleep better too. Some years ago I was misdiagnosed with fibromyalgia, not...
  8. Ex Golfer

    THR Any experience with bloody seromas?

    @Krista, thanks so much for your quick reply and suggestions. I have read a number of your posts so have great respect for your opinion and the long difficult journey you have traveled. I understand that I am in the early stages of recovery and don't mean to minimize all the good positive...
  9. Ex Golfer

    THR Any experience with bloody seromas?

    Is it normal to feel so bad in the mornings? It's been a week and a half since my RTHR and every morning I wake up so stiff and aching I can hardly move with my lower back killing me. As the day goes on I loosen up and feel better. I'm sleeping on my back for the most part, occasionally moving...
  10. Ex Golfer

    Cherdonnay's R THR March 13,2017 second time is a charm

    So happy for you @Cherdonnay. I am less than a week ahead of you and am settling into a recovery routine. When do you go home from the hospital?
  11. Ex Golfer

    Cherdonnay's R THR March 13,2017 second time is a charm

    @Cherdonnay a BIG Welcome to the other side. Healing prayers and thoughts are here for you in your recovery journey.
  12. Ex Golfer

    THR Any experience with bloody seromas?

    @Cherdonnay, yes I remember your surgery getting delayed at the last minute. I am glad you did not have long to wait however. You should already be on the recovery side now so I'll check for your post. Thanks for the healing wishes, they seem to be working and more back to you as well. A...
  13. Ex Golfer

    THR Any experience with bloody seromas?

    Yes Jaycee I am now able to lift my foot a bit and I do believe the elevating and icing have helped. I now personally know what the " log leg" means, lol. It's an appendage connected to my body over which I have no control, weighs a ton, feels dead yet causes me pain. Thanks for your...
  14. Ex Golfer

    THR Any experience with bloody seromas?

    Thanks everyone for your welcoming messages. The other side was indeed waiting for me with doses of reality and hope as I expected. Oh mercy me, Jaycey and others who went home alone from the hospital, I don't know how you managed. It's day 5 since the hip surgery and I can hardly lift my right...
  15. Ex Golfer

    THR Any experience with bloody seromas?

    Hallelujah it's done! :yay: My 2 hour TRHR was completed before noon today. All went smoothly and I could not be happier. Well not totally true, Im sure I'll be happier 2-3 months from now when I can really start moving pain free again but ... who's quibbling over such minor details. It...
Back
Top Bottom