Recent content by etndeadhead

  1. etndeadhead

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Surgery done, recovery begins

    It's been one week since the surgery and I am doing really well. My pain has been minimal. I did have a bit of a scare yesterday when my sling got tangled up in my polar ice brace. I released the waist strap on my sling while sitting in my recliner and when I went to take the ice brace off of my...
  2. etndeadhead

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Surgery done, recovery begins

    Well, I finally had surgery to replace my right shoulder on Monday(9/11/2023). All went well. Checked into hospital at 5:00AM and was home by 1:15 PM and I live an hour and a half from hospital! I had an anatomical replacement and thankfully there was no rotator cuff involvement. Today I go for...
  3. etndeadhead

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Surgery tentatively scheduled

    Well, I had my preop appointments last week and everything is ready. I was told I will be intubated because I will have a deeper level of anesthesia than when I had my knee replacements. That makes me a bit nervous, but I'm ready to get this done!
  4. etndeadhead

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Surgery tentatively scheduled

    Thanks! We're going to Colorado for a few weeks. Also to see our daughter in Wyoming. So the summer will be full which will help pass the time.
  5. etndeadhead

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Surgery tentatively scheduled

    Update. My surgery is scheduled for September 11,2023. I have my preoperative appointments scheduled as well. I'm ready to get this done!
  6. etndeadhead

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Surgery tentatively scheduled

    This is good to hear! The knee replacements were extremely painful. The pain was deep and intense. But, we men can be such babies.lol! Thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate it. Actually I am really looking forward to getting this done. Although the knees were painful in the short...
  7. etndeadhead

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Surgery tentatively scheduled

    I will be having my right shoulder replaced.
  8. etndeadhead

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Surgery tentatively scheduled

    Hello everyone, it's been quite awhile since I last posted anything on here and I am not exactly tech savvy so be patient with me.lol! Anyway, I am tentatively scheduled for shoulder replacement surgery on August 28,2023. This will be my third joint replacement. I have had both knees replaced...
  9. etndeadhead

    2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Less than 24 hours, extremely nervous. I'm ready to get this done!
  10. etndeadhead

    2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Scheduled for TKR on left knee August 3. I am new here and not exactly tech savvy so please be patient with me! I look forward to sharing this experience with you all.
Back
Top Bottom