Hello fellow 6 monther, I too have been out of the loop over the last few months and can't believe how quickly the time has passed.
Sorry to hear you're still having ongoing healing issues but I wanted to let you know you're not alone as I am still struggling as well. I don't have all the...
Hi @Hippie Chick, its good to hear from you and it sounds like your recovery is going well with lots of positives. Just wanted to let you know that your not alone regarding the things that you are still struggling with, I too can't walk up stairs normally, when I tried recently my hip made it...
@Gloucestergal65 That's helpful to know re waiting until the swelling goes down, as I still have some swelling at 14 weeks but it is slowly decreasing. I also googled podiatrists yesterday and found one very local to me that specialises in diagnosing gait problems and will also make up any...
Thank you for your reply @myglasshalffull, unfortunately I don't have any shoe shops near me, good or otherwise, and your post has made me realise how much I have to order online now as we have nothing local - here in the UK, we have a real problem of local shops/High Streets gradually...
Thank you so much @Mojo333 for taking the time to detail the above exercises, I will definitely give them a go. I must admit I haven't tried to get down on the floor yet, so I will be doing the first exercise on the bed too !
Personally, bearing in mind that you are in the UK and how long the wait times are, I would definitely recommend that your hubby starts the ball rolling now, just to get some answers/help. Prior to going private I waited over 27 weeks to get an appointment with a specialist physio therapist...
I'm glad to hear your pain is subsiding @Clairebella, it has been a long time for you.
I think if things don't improve I will eventually contact the surgeon but being private I will have to pay for the visit and any x-rays needed and I have got the impression (prehaps falsely) that he wouldn't...
Thank you @benne68, when I first started walking around the house without a crutch and noticed how bad I was dipping on my operated side, I started practising heel to toe walking and it definitely helped as I don't dip so far now if that makes sense ? I also try to use that technique when out...
Thank you @Layla
These last 3 months have passed slowly and I have needed to adjust my expectations accordingly. This recovery has definitely been a balancing act between what I want to be able to do and what I'm physically able to do but things are definitely moving in the right direction...
@Clairebella - Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that your surgeon didn't answer your concerns in a more helpful way. Although his reply might be quite factual, it doesn't help you not to worry at this stage of your recovery. Please don't be too down-hearted, which I know is easy enough for me to say...
@Hippie Chick - Your outing to the cinema sounds like fun, well done for managing a 3 hour film. At the moment 30 mins is about my limit for sitting still, although I don't have the same problem laying down, it's a shame they don't have recliners in cinemas :)
I'm still having problems getting...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.