Recent content by enoughpain

  1. E

    Bilateral THR Oh 'dreams' exactly as visioned

    Oh so happy for you! I have been logging on multiple times a day just to look for your update. Thrilled that this worked. I think your idea of getting into a study is brilliant.
  2. E

    Finally had enough pain

    mainegirl1, Mojo333, Crickethip Layla, Hip4life, Ptarmigan and Elf1. You have been very kind. Thank you. I wish you the best.
  3. E

    Naturaal64 is having a new hip

    We all were/are nervous. In my case, the reality was not nearly as bad as my expectation. Look around, read the stories. There is so much to learn here and everyone is helpful and supportive. You've come to the right place. Welcome.
  4. E

    Revision THR Millie4162 in recovery

    Everyone here is proud of you too! You have demonstrated remarkable courage. Hope things continue to improve for you.
  5. E

    Thigh pain

    @millie4162 Have been checking multiple times a day to see if your surgery was over and how you were feeling. Congratulations! So happy for you. You deserve a swift and easy recovery. Will be sending positive energy and hugs your way.
  6. E

    Finally had enough pain

    @mainegirl1 , Thanks for trying to help, I truly appreciate it. You have proven my point: You have to be at the hospital 1 hour and 45 minutes before surgery, which seems reasonable to me. I have to be there 3 hours before surgery, which does not. I am grateful for your and Elf1's attempts to...
  7. E

    Finally had enough pain

    Thank so much @Elf1, the novel was enjoyable and informative! I appreciate all of the effort you put into it. I'm not the first surgery of the day, I'm the second. I've had two sets of blood work done at the hospital already, one of which was to confirm my type. Already had those done. Had...
  8. E

    Finally had enough pain

    Thanks @Layla. I was doing a good job of being relaxed until I got the call 20 minutes ago telling me to be at the hospital at 5:30 on Monday morning for an 8:30 surgery. OMG it's real! Since I've already done 90% of the paperwork, what can they possibly need 3 hours to do? According to my OS...
  9. E

    THR Here We Go Again!

    @Barbaraj You are starting to sound like your pre-op self. :yes!: It may be hard for you to sense that from where you are in early recovery, but you really are coming back. I hear the Barbaraj we have come to know and love. So glad you took the narcotic to sleep. Maybe if you do that a few...
  10. E

    Finally had enough pain

    @Elf1 Thanks for the info and warning. I have already told my husband that his main job at the hospital is to ask every medical person who enters the room with medicine what it is and whether it contains oxy, which is my nemesis. I hope to be lucid enough to question them when he is gone overnight.
  11. E

    Finally had enough pain

    @mainegirl1 Exactly right - nothing but Tylenol since last Monday, and by itself, doesn't do much for the bone pain, but helps the surrounding muscle aches. @Ptarmigan I will be very interested to hear the outcome of your pre-op appointment, although you may have to speak slowly and repeat...
  12. E

    Finally had enough pain

    @Barbaraj I knew you would understand! How does it feel to be 8 days out? Hope things are on an upward trend.
  13. E

    THR Dances With Walker

    That was me! So excited to have helped someone, as so many others here have helped me.:loveshwr::loveshwr:
  14. E

    Finally had enough pain

    @Elf1 The prescription I have is for Norco 5/300, the lowest dose. I can take 2 at a time if one doesn't work well enough. I have previously had small, widely spaced apart prescriptions of Norco for dental surgery and it worked well, but THR is so much more extensive and invasive that I'm...
  15. E

    Finally had enough pain

    @Elf1 Thanks for the "heads up". I have told everyone at OS office and hospital that I am allergic to percoset, but did not specify no oxy. Will make sure I tell that to everyone I see on Monday. I asked about Tramadol and the PA said that they don't use it. Unfortunately, I am in charge of...
Back
Top Bottom