Recent content by emjayp

  1. E

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    Any suggestions from anyone are welcome here. I'm not sure if they would have filled the prescription anyway because I asked my husband how much to just pay for it and they told him they didn't know. Narcotics must be really cheap because the next day when he went back they cost Us $1.60! My...
  2. E

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    Thanks Debbie!
  3. E

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    Hi Mary Jane! It's great to hear from you. I didn't know if you were still reading the forum and was planning to contact you on your personal e-mail but yesterday I just got too tired. How are you doing? I am not good this morning. I took 2 tablets at 6:30 and it hasn't kicked in yet. I...
  4. E

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    I'm back after a long absence. I recovered pretty well from my first revision, moved to a primarily one level house, and had my second, and hopefully last revision last week, April 7th. The surgery was the same, and according to my OS, looked pretty much the same when he got inside. He found...
  5. E

    Revision THR What all does this involve?

    I just read your thread. I hope you're doing better. I am not new to the forum but haven't checked in for quite awhile. I had bilateral replacements in June, 2011 and was notified of recalls in Sept. 2012. Long story, but I had the first revision, which included an osteotomy, last July 29...
  6. E

    THR Revision 2.0

    Hi pt98n, I just found out about your thread a few days ago, from Ruby Red. I too, have had a recent Stryker revision and have another in my future because I had them both replaced in June, 2011. I had a revision of my left hip that included a osteotomy on July 29th. I had the Rejuvanate...
  7. E

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    bottomshollow, thanks for changing my thread and consolidating everything.
  8. E

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    Thank you Sharon.
  9. E

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    I think my thread should be titled revision, but I am not sure how to change it or tag anyone to do so. I thought Josephine had changed it, or started a new thread for me awhile ago but can't find it. Short recap: Had my original bilateral hip replacement in June, 2011 with Stryker parts. Had...
  10. E

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    I had my surgery last Monday, came home on Friday and am doing ok. I had an extended trochanteric osteotomy to remove the stem and am told that about a golf ball sized amount of dead tissue was removed, which is apparently not too bad. I will be toe touch only, for 5-6 weeks so I spend most...
  11. E

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    Thanks SandyBeach, I am not looking forward to it. I just read most of your thread about your 2nd THR. I am glad you're feeling better. I live in a northern suburb of St. Paul, and I see that you are "up north" a ways. We are going "up north" this coming weekend to visit some friends at...
  12. E

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    This is my thread. It starts with June 2011. I stopped contributing for awhile and when I came back I could not remember my username or password and had lost the paper I had written it on, so I started a new one, and Josephine, or someone, combined them.
  13. E

    Revision 4/23/13

    My attorney gave me the names of 2 surgeons in the area who he believed had the most experience with revisions of this type and I was able to get in with one of them who I think is very competent. I have a fluid collection on the left trochanter that he says is usually filled with little tumors...
  14. E

    Revision 4/23/13

    Ruby Red, I just re-read your thread and wondering how you are doing now? I am getting more nervous by the minute, especially after reading the revision threads. I want these things out of me ASAP but don't want to go through the surgery again twice and worry about the complications that could...
  15. E

    Revision THR One Down -- One to Go

    Time is fast approaching for my first of 2 hip revisions (July 29) and I am getting scared and nervous. I will see my OS the week before my surgery and he is very good at explaining everything ( unlike my last surgeon) but I wonder about a lot of things. Since I am having an osteotomy, how...
Back
Top Bottom