Recent content by emily76

  1. E

    THR On the road to recovery after RTHR

    Thanks Josephine, I have read all of articles and 're-read them. They have been very helpful. In terms of the physio, as you say some os don't order it but this is partially because the physio element isn't commissioned for hips in all areas. As you say this is because most people do well...
  2. E

    THR On the road to recovery after RTHR

    So sorry to hear about your sleep issues. The only things that have helped me are a foam wedge to sleep with and the diazepam which is helping with the leg pain with added bonus of helping me sleep. Good luck, it's pretty tortuous when you can't sleep. Xx Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
  3. E

    THR On the road to recovery after RTHR

    Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well. Just a wee update. The terrible pain in my legs has eased off a lot and flares up when I overdo it or when I compress the back of my leg, if I sit on a hard chair for example. The doctor says it's normal and my last some time. He has given me a short...
  4. E

    THR On the road to recovery after RTHR

    Thanks, I've only been given paracetamol and ibuprofen and I wear a patch with low level but constant supply of coedine. Maybe I need more? I'm taking what I've been prescribed. If no improvement I'll contact doctor tomorrow. Xxx Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
  5. E

    THR On the road to recovery after RTHR

    Hi, it's seven days post operation and I feel worse now than immediately post operation. The pains which started in my leg last night have gotten worse and getting up and down is so painful it takes my breath away. And when sitting I just can't get comfortable with it. It shoots right down my...
  6. E

    THR Designer girl has a shiny new hip!

    Welcome to the other side, I hope things are going well. Can't believe it's been a week for me, goes so fast. Good luck with your recovery. X Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
  7. E

    THR On the road to recovery after RTHR

    I am so grateful for your updates and experiences, it has made me feel a lot less isolated and comforted. The lack of physio is most definitely money related and because there is a thought that people recover so quickly that it's not needed! Not my opinion obviously but that's how it is. I am...
  8. E

    THR On the road to recovery after RTHR

    Hey everyone, thank you so much for your responses, I'm so grateful and they helped so much. I took the advice of trying a foam wedge last night & I'm already sleeping with a cushion between my legs. Last night was better, though not great. I'm hoping it will gradually improve and the article on...
  9. E

    THR On the road to recovery after RTHR

    Hi everyone, I had my surgery on Tuesday,came home Thursday. I'm doing ok and suffering minimal discomfort. My biggest problem at the moment is I just cannot sleep! I always sleep on my side but my surgeon has said I can only sleep on my back for 6-12 weeks. I just can't sleep and its really...
  10. E

    January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

    Hey stargirl thank you fir your message and sort for late reply. My surgery on 29th Jan was cancelled the day before and I was devastated. However, it went ahead on Tuesday 19th Feb and home Thursday. I'm doing well, minimal pain or discomfort. I am still using two crutches but think I can...
  11. E

    Right THR 19th Feb - a bit nervous now.

    hi everyone, well i'm on the other side and have had my RTHR. I went in on Tuesday came home Thursday evening. I'm tired, a little uncomfortable but happy to be home with my little man. The surgery well and the surgeon said the damage to hip was much worse than the scans indicated so i had it...
  12. E

    Right THR 19th Feb - a bit nervous now.

    Hi everyone, thank you so much for your replies. I am sorry I haven't responded before, I get very little time on my computer these days. I am having my surgery at Nuffield Orthopeadic Centre in Oxford under Mr Sion Glyn-Jones. My mum is taking care of my little man whilst I am away and will...
  13. E

    Recovery, stairs and children oh my!?!?!?

    Hi there. I am due to have my right hip replaced on 19th Feb and I am a single mum to a 2 year old. I too am nervous about caring for my little boy post-op. He is still in nappies and a real mummy's boy so very dependent on me (I guess that's surprising as we are on our own). I am getting...
  14. E

    Right THR 19th Feb - a bit nervous now.

    Hi everyone, I am due to have my right hip done on 19th Feb. I have heard such a lot about quick recovery and people doing so well, so I am hopeful I'll be up and about in no time (with appropriate restrictions). My main concern is my 2 year old son. He was 2 in January so still quite young...
  15. E

    February Valentines 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In February?

    Hi everyone, my surgery was scheduled for 29th January but was cancelled the day before! Very disappointing. It is now rescheduled for 19th February for a right THR. I really hope it goes ahead this time. Getting a little nervous but no doubts about it being the right thing to do. :)
Back
Top Bottom