Recent content by emersonf

  1. E

    PKR One Year Out - Pleased With Outcome

    Great update. Glad to hear you are doing so well
  2. E

    THR Bilateral THR due to AVN

    The hip surgeons are saying that recovery will be very challenging. My hips haven’t collapsed yet so they don’t want to do anything. The knee surgeons said that they don’t think that my symptoms are consistent to the imaging, which I don’t understand as the images show stage 3 AVN with collapsed...
  3. E

    THR Bilateral THR due to AVN

    Thanks Jamie, I am in London and I visited 5 hip surgeons and 2 knee surgeons. They just don’t want to take on complicated case. But maybe they are right, I may not benefit from joint replacements if so many joints are affected. I don’t know
  4. E

    THR Bilateral THR due to AVN

    Hi everyone, my latest update is that nothing came out from all my appointments. But the doctors are saying that I shouldn't have such severe symptoms even though my knees MRIs are showing that the condyles have collapsed (lateral in one knee and medial in the other). The knee surgeon says he...
  5. E

    THR Bilateral THR due to AVN

    I understand… yes, very complicated when there are multiple conditions. I know you have your fair share of problems going on @Deni444 and you are managing so remarkably well. Your positivity and determination are an inspiration. I have a few appointments tomorrow so will know more next week. I...
  6. E

    THR Bilateral THR due to AVN

    Thanks @Deni444, I can definitely relate to your sister’s mother in law. But in my case the AVN is confirmed by MRIs and both femoral heads are significantly affected by necrosis in the weight bearing part of the hip joint. The knees as well. So I don’t think my symptoms are down to the...
  7. E

    THR Bilateral THR due to AVN

    Has anyone heard of or experienced complex regional pain syndrome? I hadn’t even heard of it until last week.
  8. E

    THR Bilateral THR due to AVN

    Thank you @Layla
  9. E

    THR Bilateral THR due to AVN

    Dear @Deni444 , thank you so much for your support and encouragement. Thank you also for offering a different, more objective perspective. You are right, things are moving in the right direction. Of course, I also want to rule out any serious conditions that might need to be treated before major...
  10. E

    THR Bilateral THR due to AVN

    Good morning Thank you so much for the support and information @Legseleven. Thank you @Layla for your message. I had a week full of appointments with more to come. The rheumatologist has referred me for a dopler ultrasound to rule out or diagnose Peripheral Arterial Disease and to a knee...
  11. E

    THR Bilateral THR due to AVN

    Thank you so much @Jamie I honestly don’t know what I would have done without BoneSmart’s wonderful members and staff. I managed to get an appointment with my rheumatologist for tomorrow and will probably know a bit more about what they are thinking /suspecting then. Will keep you updated ❤️
  12. E

    THR A Matching Pair of Hips! RTHR

    Hopefully it’s not an infection but good you have the antibiotics just in case. And I hope the pain is still under control even without the oral morph
  13. E

    THR Bilateral THR due to AVN

    Hi Jamie, I think he meant that steroids alone wouldn’t cause AVN on four joints because it’s usually just the hips that are affected. But I am also worried that there is an underlying condition that may have gone undiagnosed despite several immunology tests to check for auto immune disorders...
  14. E

    THR Bilateral THR due to AVN

    Thanks @Jamie, I’m trying to keep on going but it’s a lot. I don’t want to burden my two young daughters with my problems, they’ve already been through a lot with the shock and loss of their sister and now seeing me so disabled and in constant pain for nearly 5 months. They were pushing me to...
  15. E

    THR Bilateral THR due to AVN

    Thank you so much for all the advice @mendogal , @Deni444 and @benne68. Your support means a lot especially as I feel very isolated these past few months ❤️
Back
Top Bottom