Recent content by Elsie Foust

  1. E

    Revision THR New Pain After Hip Revision and Psoas Release

    @Marge75 i had bilateral THR July 3rd, 2014. About 4 weeks after the surgery I had an awful stabbing pain on my thigh, felt literally like someone jabbing me with an ice pick. My OS prescribe a compounded cream made up of a pain killer, antianflamatory, gabupentin and an analgesic. He said it...
  2. E

    Bilateral THR I made it through bilateral THR- guess I'm officially a hippie

    1. My pain level is 1-3 lying down. A 3 on sitting, a 3-4 on walking with a cane and a 3-7 on walking without an aid. It is a shooting pain, thus the range. 2. For pain I am taking generic for Percocet 5-325. After about 2 1/2 weeks I was taking about 3 per day (morning, aftn, bedtime). Also...
  3. E

    Bilateral THR I made it through bilateral THR- guess I'm officially a hippie

    Well, I am still having the pain in the upper middle part of my right thigh. I forgot to mention that Sat (July 26th) I had blood in my urine. I called my primar Dr and he sent me to a walk in clinic to get a urinalysis started. While I was there I showed the Dr a small area at the top of my...
  4. E

    Bilateral THR I made it through bilateral THR- guess I'm officially a hippie

    Hi everyone, I had my bilateral THR a little over three weeks ago and I started having a pain in my thigh today. It is below my incision/ scar and feels like someone is shooting little nails into my leg. It is very painful. And (somewhat weird) is that it is in an area that is numb but yet when...
  5. E

    THR new member--wanting to wean off pain meds

    Hi all, I am day 18 bilateral THR and am wondering what "Norco" is. I take Percocet w/ acetaminophen for pain. I'm now at one every 6 hours.
  6. E

    THR Rough Hospital Stay

    Hi loyal id, I am 16 days post op and I had the exact same thing happen to me! (I just posted a new thread about the surgery/ hospital experience. I too, came out of surgery with low blood pressure and low hemoglobin. I ended up getting 4 units of blood and could not get morphine until day two...
  7. E

    Bilateral THR I made it through bilateral THR- guess I'm officially a hippie

    Hi all, sorry I have not posted sooner. Recovery has been a little consuming. I had bilateral THR on July 3rd, so I am day 16 post op. There were a few glitches in hospital but I guess I expected as much as I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia. The surgery went well at 3 hours under general...
  8. E

    THR I've made it to the other side.

    Wannabe, Congratulations! Sleep is always a good thing when you are healing. Looking forward to hearing how you are recuperating!
  9. E

    THR Two Hips Now Done!

    I hope you are doing well!!! Positive thoughts your way!
  10. E

    Anterior Approach this time, On 26 June

    Let us hear from you, OneHipDone!
  11. E

    New to the forum, 1st THR scheduled for July

    There is a special table that is (can be) used for THR anterior THR approach, called the Hana table. I do know that it is small and you must be able to fit on it. Chasing, I don't know if your surgeon uses this. I have not heard anything about increased infection due to belly fat. I know I...
  12. E

    No deodorant (or lotions/sprays) for THREE days before surgery??!!??

    I had pre-op testing and a hip class today. I was given an antibacterial soap and was told to use it three days prior to my surgery on the area where my incision will be (front of upper thigh). On the morning of my surgery I was told to first, shampoo my hair and rinse it well, then to wash my...
  13. E

    New to the forum, 1st THR scheduled for July

    Hi all, just wanted to say a few words about weight and exercise... I have avascular necrosis and have been unable to exercise for the past six months. I have ten lbs that need to come off but it has been difficult. Here I am 10 days from surgery. I found some presurgery exercises on a...
  14. E

    Having bilateral THR soon, anyone w/ lupus or fibromyalgia?

    Hi, I'm a 50 year old female. I have bilateral avascular necrosis of the hips and will be having bilateral THR in 12 days (July 3rd). I have Lupus and fibromyalgia and am a little nervous that the shock of surgery will put me in a flare. Does anyone have experience with this?
  15. E

    THR PA Gal is Totally Flipping!

    PA Gal, how refreshing to hear about your recovery! Thank you for sharing it. I am having bilateral THR in about two weeks (7/3/14), so it really helps to hear that there can be such positive results. I'm new to the forum but if I'm looking correctly at your posts, I see that you have...
Back
Top Bottom