Recent content by Elle6

  1. E

    Hip Infection* Hip infection

    Hello laruac, Happy Easter! Hope you are doing well. I am much, much better. Looking back, I can say the past year was worth it; but I still feel as though I have come off a roller coaster. My antibiotic regimen ended March 24. I had to take antibiotics, when all is said and done, for 15...
  2. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Happy Thanksgiving, Layla, Hope you are doing well and enjoying the beginning of our holiday season. Both doctors (my orthopedic surgeon and my infectious disease) told me not to take a probiotic supplement in addition to the yogurt I eat every morning. I am in a study and believe that may be...
  3. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Happy Thanksgiving, Pumpkin! I am impressed with your late mother-in-law. I hope that I will not have to take Doxycycline the rest of my life, but I realize that is a possibility. I saw my surgeon Nov. 3; he said that he believes I am “clear.” He added that he is basing his opinion on the...
  4. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Pumpkin, Did your mother-in-law have any surgeries like irrigation and debridement before beginning the Doxycycline?
  5. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Thank you all for your replies. Pumpkin, I am in a study. Part of the protocol is an antibiotic vacation for two weeks after I finish six months of oral antibiotics (Doxycycline). I pray that I won’t have to take it the rest of my life; however, I would prefer that to having the infection...
  6. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Hello!h Here I am.....a very appreciative, if irregular, member. Since I went back to school Sept. 28, I have been extremely busy. Now, as you wrote, Layla, I am two months post-op. I am doing great. I just got back home from my two mile(!) walk! Yes, I am up to two miles and my speed is up...
  7. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Actually, I see my surgeon again in November and will have appointments for the next couple of years because of the study I am in.
  8. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Thank you. I had my last appointment Wednesday, this time with the infectious disease doctor. She said that everything looked great and she is “cautiously optimistic” that the protocol will eradicate the infection....or keep it gone. I take my last IV vancomycin Saturday and start doxycycline...
  9. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Thank you very much. This weekend will be one of de-stressing and enjoying anti-inflammatory foods!
  10. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Good morning! Thanks for your inspiring replies. I want to get 100% infection free. I have been hopeful until yesterday. Because of the PiCC line and Vancomycin, I have two blood draws each week. The results have shown improvement every week. Last night I even compared some of the recent results...
  11. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Thank you for checking on me. After the first two weeks, my recovery really took off! Exactly one month post-op, I am leaving my cane in one room and not realizing it for several minutes. I am more grateful everyday that I was randomly chosen for single-stage revision surgery. I cannot imagine...
  12. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Thank you Layla and clodaghcov! Your words really inspired me this morning! I had a bit of a setback and had to stop my IV antibiotic for two days. I will start back this morning and take it once, instead of twice, a day. My incision is “dry” now, and I am hopeful it will stay this way. I just...
  13. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Thank you so much for your inspiring words. I hope that my “hip story” will make others diligent about looking at their incisions and questioning everything. I also had some hard places. These little places were not visible; not did they hurt. The diagnosis was scar tissue. Was it scar tissue...
  14. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    Thank you! That opened just fine.
  15. E

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    I clicked on “How can I find my threads and posts?” and got the “Oops! We ran into ........ “ followed by “You do not have permission to view this page.”
Back
Top Bottom