Recent content by eliza61nyc

  1. eliza61nyc

    TKR Sick of Sitting

    Awesome . That really works for me. Sleep deprivation due to uncomfortability is unfortunately a common side effect. I had a weird phenomenon also, like one week a certain position would be great and the next week, same position would be uncomfortable. Drove me nuts.
  2. eliza61nyc

    TKR I need some advice.

    Hi Dolly Ok take a deep breath, I don't want you scaring yourself. Now I will admit that, this is something that is easier with some help but I'll make a few suggestions them you can decide if you want to hire someone or not. So the first few weeks you will be sore and in a lot of pain and on...
  3. eliza61nyc

    TKR Sick of Sitting

    Hey Deb, Welcome to our neck of the woods. unfortunately with a little over a week into your journey laying/sitting maybe the best thing for you. first let me ask you, how's the swelling around your knees? My first week I was still on the heavy duty pain killers and muscle relaxants. are...
  4. eliza61nyc

    TKR 3 weeks and counting

    9 week check in here. So the weather in Pennsylvania is finally warming up so I've been trying to get outside and walk as much as possible. A bit of the post surgery blues has kicked in. not sure if it's because of the covid-19 pandemic or because of the knee or the fact that I have to go...
  5. eliza61nyc

    Knee Infection* Revision

    Yes, lol which I actually did prior to surgery to help with the pain
  6. eliza61nyc

    TKR New to TKR world

    Aaah yes, we've all "been there, done that", if it helps you're in fine company. Don't beat yourself up about it, it's very natural to want to get back to life. I'm actually a few weeks ahead of you and still find myself paying for trying to be like "wonder woman"... Ouch!!
  7. eliza61nyc

    Knee Infection* Revision

    Fortunately, I am a chemist for a large chemical company. We've always had great PPE due to the nasty stuff we work with and it's one scientist to a lab. The main issue will be walking and standing for 4-5 hours daily
  8. eliza61nyc

    Knee Infection* Revision

    @valgriff2 I go to pt also. I feel just as "safe" in pt as I do in the super market. I also take daily walks outside. My knee actually feels better after exercising and my therapist is a dream. Only does what I say. For the record, we have a safety protocol in place. But then I'm also an...
  9. eliza61nyc

    TKR 3 weeks and counting

    Does anyone have issues with a stiff knee/leg when waking up?? It's a pain (literally and figuratively) I try to keep my leg straight when I sleep but I miss move during the night. when I get out of bed and try and take that first step, it takes quite a few steps to get the knee to...
  10. eliza61nyc

    TKR 1 year anniversary, continued pain, seeking 2nd opinion

    Hey Kimbo, Remember you are in control. yOu know what, my therapist took my measurements ONCE, at our first meeting and never again. I told him I did not want to fixate on getting my leg "straight". I guess I'm lucky in that he has listened to me. we work on stretching, heel slides and other...
  11. eliza61nyc

    TKR TKR March 4

    lol, my surgeon actually did try and tell me what it was going to be like. His exact words were "you're going to make a kewpie doll of me and start sticking pins in it". the problem is IMO knee surgery is a bit like childbirth, until you actually go through it there is no conceivable way for...
  12. eliza61nyc

    TKR 3 weeks and counting

    Yes, we got an official email and we are supposed to get a package in the mail. I work in Delaware and they have a box on their form asking if the furlough/layoff is an result of covid 19. You are eligible from the official date of layoff. I'm with you, hoping this is just temporary. it...
  13. eliza61nyc

    TKR 3 weeks and counting

    Thanks Celle, I did not even think about my resistance being lowered. I'll definitely be thinking this through and giving a call to my primary
  14. eliza61nyc

    TKR 3 weeks and counting

    Hey finally, so furloughed is a bit different. It means time off without pay but technically i'm still an employee. they are still covering my medical benefits. Yes both situations are eligible for unemployment and please apply asap. Also if your unemployment is due to the current covid-19...
  15. eliza61nyc

    TKR 3 weeks and counting

    6 week check-in. Well the big news in this addition of "As the knee turns".... I finally got a halfway decent nights sleep in a BED!! Oh sweet baby Jesus I will never ever again take for granted a comfortable bed. My physical therapy is back open after being down for 10 days to get some type...
Back
Top Bottom