Update on my end.. Currently scheduled for a RPAO and labrum reconstruction on August 1st. It is a big surgery and still very much nervous about it but believe it is for the best to give me the greatest shot at pushing out a THR and being able to get back to normal without restrictions.
Interesting.. I am approx. 2 years from my 1st hip arthroscopy and 10 months from my 2nd hip arthroscopy and currently no arthritis. I would be lying if I said I wasn't thinking the same thing regarding the impact of those surgeries on the joint and what it might mean for PAO recovery and timing...
Hey everyone, update time and support needed.
Follow up with the surgeon and after reviewing the 3D hip map it was determined my hip dysplasia was worse than he original through and he stated that I will eventually need a THR. With that we then discussed what my options are at this point now...
@kkolb327, thanks for the insight. Pain right now is a 2-3 on a day to day basis with no activity. Add in activity and it shoots up to a 4-5 and then I am icing. My biggest issue right now is I am having a hard time sleeping unless I take Advil pm or some NSAID to help the pain at night. My...
Hope all is going well 3ish months post op @kkolb327. I was just given the news that I need a labrum / socket reconstruction. This will be my 3rd hip arthroscopy. Curious how you doing so far with the recovery and if you have an insights / pointers for me as I wrestle with the decision to move...
Thank you Mat for your insight!
I had my apt with a new surgeon that my primary recommended based on my continued pain. He specializes in sport medicine and micro joint instability. After reviewing all my previous scans, surgery photos, and examine my hip he didn’t take any time to confirm my...
Follow up with surgeon, 2nd opinion and MRI arthrogram.
The MRI did show a “very subtle” linear tear in my posterior labrum but my surgeon did not seem to be too bothered by it. Both my primary and secondary agree that I have bursitis on the side of my hip and potentially hip flexor...
Well, looks like both my primary surgeon and the second opinion are aligned and we have some action items. Bursitis on the side of my hip and then hip flexor tendonitis is more than likely the culprit for the front of hip pain and buckling. I am getting a new MRI arthrogram to check if there are...
Well, have a follow up scheduled with my surgeon this Tuesday and then another apt with a new surgeon for a 2nd opinion on Wednesday. After my last post my hip actually buckled a couple times with weight and also internal rotation so my PT shut me down to figure out what is going on. Even she is...
Patience yes but 7 months Post op and the pain coming back with any physical activity just really gets my mind thinking the worst. Been here before and it ended with a 2nd surgery and just getting frustrated with the shut downs and pure lack of progress.
Hey everyone, Happy 2025!! Took some time off of karate, strength training and running for the holidays and swapped it out for some manual labor around a few houses. Hip was not a fan at all, that deep joint discomfort flared up and was back 24/7 for about a week or so. It finally calmed down...
Hi Sammy,
I am curious, has your surgeon mentioned the option for a potential steroid shot? After my surgery in June (FAI bone shaving, scar tissue removal from previous labrum repair 1 year prior), my hip joint would just not release and I had very limited RoM even 3 months out. This was...
I am curious though, has anyone had a hard time getting their glute muscles to work after this type of surgery? I am still struggling with that and it could be a strength thing but my PT said we need to figure out how to get my mind to start turning them on to avoid my quad / hip flexor doing...
Had my 6 month follow up with the surgeon last week. He is happy that I am trending upwards / positive with my recovery (although extremely slow IMO) and mentioned my range of motion / mobility is the best it has been even since prior to my first surgery. Still have PT once a week to continue to...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.