Recent content by dvannie

  1. dvannie

    TKR 5 Years Post Op

    It’s been a little over 5 years since my left knee replacement. I’ve been feeling a pinching pain and soreness feeling along the outside of my thigh. I remember feeling this when I was recovering from the knee replacement and at a guess I thought it was from where the implant was in the thigh...
  2. dvannie

    TKR Right TKR Recovery

    This will probably be my last checkin. Saw the surgeon today, 7 weeks in, and he’s happy with my progress! I still have to work on my ROM, I’m at 110, and strengthening but that will come in time. I know the drill! My hubby got me a recumbent bike and I’ve started on it. My PT says that my...
  3. dvannie

    TKR Right TKR Recovery

    Exciting day today, it’s staple removal day! I’ve been finding that they have been pinching lately so it’s such a relief to get them removed! The surgeon is fairly happy with my about 90 degree bend so I don’t need to see him again for another 5 weeks. He didn’t mention that dreaded word...
  4. dvannie

    TKR Right TKR Recovery

    Just came home from my first PT. I was so nervous due to the fiasco last time with my other knee and how much pain they caused. I explained the situation to him right off the bat that I cannot go the aggressive PT route and even though the surgeon wants it, I cannot do it. Imagine my surprise...
  5. dvannie

    TKR Right TKR Recovery

    When I had my other knee done over 4 years ago I remember that horrible pain starting day two. Between that and the long recovery process were reason enough for me to delay doing my right knee. I’m not going to lie, I was extremely nervous about this new pain pump and the whole process. It’s...
  6. dvannie

    TKR Right TKR Recovery

    I would have too. I don’t think I could have done it myself, it was so awkwardly placed and all that tape! It was actually coming out by itself as well and as soon as the tape was off, it slipped out. They were calling me each day about it and how I was doing and I’m sure if I couldn’t have...
  7. dvannie

    TKR Right TKR Recovery

    I feel so bad for my husband! I had him take out the pain block catheter from my leg last night. I thought the poor guy was gonna pass out, he ended up going outside for a couple of minutes to get some fresh air. I don’t know how I would have managed it on my own, it’s in such an awkward...
  8. dvannie

    TKR Right TKR Recovery

    I’m finally home now. Had to stay an extra couple of days due to fainting when they got me walking down the hall to show them I could do stairs. I seem to do this for the first few days after surgery and even though I warn them they are surprised when it happens . This time around they used...
  9. dvannie

    TKR 5 Years Post Op

    Month 11 update Wow, time sure flies! Thought that I would share my progress so far. I actually 'forget' sometimes that I have my knee replaced ... that's saying a lot since it's always felt so very foreign and 'heavy' compared to my other knee! There's no pain, just that odd sort of feeling...
  10. dvannie

    TKR 5 Years Post Op

    Month 4 update: Well I survived the cruise! I am sore from all the walking, about 10,000 steps a day, but I did arrive home exhausted but victorious! Funnily enough my non TKR knee is the part that's the sorest. Activities ranged from walking on the ship, swimming, walking on sand, climbing...
  11. dvannie

    TKR 5 Years Post Op

    3½ month update: I want everyone to know that things are still going well for me. I saw my surgeon today while at physio and both he and my PT are thrilled with my progress! I'm now at 110 degrees ROM after a little more than 4 weeks post MUA and am feeling better and more mobile as each week...
  12. dvannie

    MUA LTKR, 8 weeks out; MUA at week 5; worried about ROM

    Totally agree, that's a beautiful painting!
  13. dvannie

    TKR 5 Years Post Op

    Soooo, when did this happen?! When did it magically feel more comfortable to have my knee bent and feet on the floor when I'm sitting on my recliner? When did it stop hurting to stand while I cooked supper, did laundry and cleaned? When did it stop hurting to walk and only feels tight? This...
  14. dvannie

    TKR Nighttime Cramp/Spasm<

    Welcome to bonesmart! You've come to the right place for your questions! I'm sure you will get mounds of support from the crew here, I know I sure did. I've really stopped counting weeks but I'm close to three months but I do remember my first 6 weeks vividly and yes, I did have the...
Back
Top Bottom