Recent content by Dulcinea14

  1. D

    THR 6 Weeks Post Op

    My error in my message. My total HIP REPLACEMENT was 2 YEARS ago, not 2 months AGO.
  2. D

    TKR indecision

    Didn’t know you could get an injection. Was it cortisone and did it help? I am 18 years post op and a: starting to have issues.
  3. D

    TKR 18 years after knee replacement

    Had total knee replacement 18 years ago. No problem all these years and now starting to get strong pains in the knee. Any suggestions. I hear a revision is as bad as repalace and I am 85 years old and don’t want any major surgery.
  4. D

    THR I have Meralgia Paresthetica

    To Zach65 — Have been taking Lyrica 100 mg 3xs a day for about 8 years and it helps my Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy considerably. Had been having Cortisone injections for 3 years in left thigh for what was diagnosed as Bursitis. Went for MRI and was told problem was left hip - severe...
  5. D

    Revision THR 3 months out & still can't lift leg

    I am 7 months out from anterior hip replacement and it seems we are having similar issues. I felt great the first 3 months after and was able to use a cane and sometimes nothing. At about 3 months my leg started feeling unstable an I have pain on the outside of my thigh down to my feet. I am...
  6. D

    THR 6 Weeks Post Op

    Saw my surgeon today. Said everything is fine regarding my hip. Since I have idiopathic peripheral neuropathy he suggested I see my neurologist and also a spine doctor since I have spinal stenosis. Getting very discouraged and would like to feel better. I need to use my walker all of the time
  7. D

    THR 6 Weeks Post Op

    I am 6 months post op from anterior hip replacement and seem to be getting worse. My mobility seems to be decreasing and I can only get around with my walker. I was able to use my cane the first 2 or 3 months after surgery, but now I feel very unstable and feel more secure with my walker. I...
  8. D

    THR 6 Weeks Post Op

    I had PT for 6 weeks 1 or 2 times a week after surgery, but now, if I wanted to go to PT my insurance would not pay and it would cost me $40 a session. Can’t afford that.
  9. D

    THR 6 Weeks Post Op

    Well, i feel I need my cane or walker because my balance is bad. It was not good before the surgery and I was hoping hip replacement would help. It did not.l. As for mobility issues, I just don’t move well and feel unstable without some support. I am83 years old and I am sure I would be doing...
  10. D

    THR 6 Weeks Post Op

    Had a total hip replacement May 23, 2022 - 4 months ago. Have no pain whatsoever, am exercising, but my mobility has not had much of an improvement. I need a cane to walk outside and most of the time I use my rollator walker. In the house I also use a walker most of the night. Disappointed...
  11. D

    THR 6 Weeks Post Op

    Had a total right knee replacement 15 years ago and had a left hip replacement 2 months ago. Problem - That knee I had replaced 15 years ago is starting to hurt. Left hip is recovering nicely. I’m hoping my knee is not going to need replacement again. Any thoughts?? Thanks
  12. D

    THR 6 Weeks Post Op

    I will just continue with the cane or walker until my balance improves. At least I am pain free now.
  13. D

    THR 6 Weeks Post Op

    Thank you for your thoughts Mojo333. I have had Idiopathic peripheral Neuropathy for over15 years in my feet and legs and probably my balance issues started with that. PT has given me some exercises for my balance, but quite frankly if I have to use a cane or a walker for the rest of my life I...
  14. D

    THR 6 Weeks Post Op

    I am not limping at all. Just have poor balance and don’t feel steady unless I am using my walker or cane.
  15. D

    THR 6 Weeks Post Op

    I am 6 weeks post op. Had the anterior approach for my THR and am pain free and have been since a few days after surgery. However, I am still using my walker or cane. I do not feel my mobility has improved and probably will not. I have poor balance and don’t feel that steady without the cane...
Back
Top Bottom