I love your thread! I am a fellow BTKR, with surgery on 24 Apr 17. I was so eager for inpatient rehab, but no such luck for me. Apparently I was doing so well immediately post-op that they didn't think they could justify the need to my insurance company. Though truth be told, my OS was never...
I'm not sure if I should tag anybody in this, but I have a question...
Is it normal that things can get worse for awhile for seemingly no apparent reason?
I've been having increasing pain in my left knee. Fairly sharp pain in more than one spot. My swelling has been minimal at most. And by that...
Thank you for the encouragement! Proof there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if some of us can't see it yet :)
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
That's exactly what my surgeon was concerned about @Celle. Apparently they'd had some unfavorable results with inpatient rehab and didn't want to risk anything.
dsteff22 BTKR 24 Apr 2017
Sounds like you're doing well @tinslady63! Glad to hear you got out of the house. It feels good, but it's amazing how it wears you out! I went out in public 3 days in a row and I used my walker. It's a little like my bubble and keeps people at bay. But at home I'm comfortable walking without it...
Wow! Driving at 3 weeks! I'm just finishing up week 2 after BTKR and can't even imagine!!
Take care of yourself and good luck on your recovery! Hopefully we'll both be living pain-free before we know it!!
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Finishing up week 2 and it's had its share of ups and downs. I can honestly say week 2 was harder than week 1. Maybe it was the gloomy weather, or maybe the "blues", but I was just out of sorts all week. Overall my pain has been manageable and my swelling pretty mild. I have definitely embraced...
Hi @tinslady63! We had our BTKR on the same day! It's been a crazy two weeks, hasn't it?
I was hoping for inpatient rehab, but that never happened for me. I had the surgery Mon - they sent me home Wed. I was pretty disappointed. I was looking forward to dedicated healing time around staff that...
Well, I was plugging along doing just fine until last night and today. I was just about out of my oxycodone, so I reduced my dosage to make it last until I could get get a new prescription. That made for a rough night last night and today has been getting progressively worse :(
My doc replaced...
Sounds like you're doing great! I had BTKR on 24 Apr - tomorrow I get my bandages off and I'm excited to see my scars. I have the disposable stitches.
I also suffer from the itchies!! I'm on oxycodone, acetaminophen and Celebrex for pain. I read itchiness was a side effect of the oxycodone...
Well apparently they were so impressed by my progress that they couldn't/wouldn't recommend me for inpatient rehab. I was discharged from the hospital and sent home less than 48 hours after surgery. I must admit I was disappointed. I was looking forward to the dedicated staff, all the equipment...
Update day 2:
Today got a little rough, mostly because all the meds made me sick for awhile. The pain is getting a little more intense, but I'm up walking and doing PT. I've been told I'm the best bilateral patient they've ever seen and everyone is amazed at my progress. Of course that was...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.