Recent content by Dragoness

  1. Dragoness

    TKR A Matching Set.

    Had cut right down before my op and was only on 50mgs of tramadol 3 times a day, but now I'm back on 100mgs 4 times a day, 60 mgs nefopam 3 times a day + taking 2 x 5mls oramorph to get me through the night
  2. Dragoness

    TKR A Matching Set.

    Had my right TKR last Monday (15th May). Same implant as before and came home on Thursday 18th. All went well. Only detriment I'm finding is that the pain is not as controllable. I am using the same medication regime as last time and spreading things out so I am taking something every 3 hours...
  3. Dragoness

    2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Hello - posted the other day because I thought I would be having my Right TKR in June then yesterday lunch time I received a phone call. They have had a cancellation and I was offered the chance to have my surgery on Monday 15th May. Needless to say I jumped at the chance. So roll on 15th May!
  4. Dragoness

    2017 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Hello, I had my left TKR in January 2016, from which I have made an excellent recovery. I am hoping to get the right TKR in June, I had my pre op assessment 2 days ago so am just waiting for a date. Will update my status as soon as I have the information.
  5. Dragoness

    TKR JLP's Recovery<

    Hi JLP. sorry you're having such a rough time of it at the moment. I wish I could come and give you a hug, will have to send virtual one instead. This will pass and you will start to feel better and that it was all worth while, even if you can't see it at the moment. Post op pain is awful, but...
  6. Dragoness

    TKR JLP's Recovery<

    Hi JPL, glad you're home in the other side. We are all individuals and our recovery journey proves that. Take the help from everyone on here, but never forget your journey is your journey - no one else's. If you get caught up with what others are doing then you will get yourself in a mess. Yes...
  7. Dragoness

    TKR Feeling Fortunate

    Thanks Lovetoread, I'm pleased your recovery went well too. For me Knowledge is Power so I think I had prepared myself before surgery and I always find that if you remain realistic it helps. I was also aware of the potential risks of surgery, but because I had confidence in the team who would...
  8. Dragoness

    TKR Feeling Fortunate

    Hi Josephine, I will be happy to send you more details about the hospital I work in as soon as I have reached the 'target' number of posts which will enable me to send a personal message, if that's ok. I am not in AfPP - just a Unison member. I don't have anywhere near as much experience as...
  9. Dragoness

    TKR Feeling Fortunate

    Sorry Timetoilve, Numpy is a Northern English term which is generally used to describe someone who isn't very clever. Thanks for the good wishes.
  10. Dragoness

    TKR Feeling Fortunate

    Hi Celle, Thanks for the good wishes, also for the info on creating a signature. I was wondering how people had managed to get their details down - I'm a bit of a numpty with things like that.:heehee:
  11. Dragoness

    Knee Infection Good advice needed

    I'm in the UK, and really don't know how your health system works, but do you have a charity or Emergency Room you can go to. The infection is spreading within your system and it's vital that you get it sorted as soon as possible. Anti inflammatory tablets will only mask the problem by easing...
  12. Dragoness

    TKR Feeling Fortunate

    Thank you, I have been reading the articles and have found them very useful. I have been out of the house once so far - to visit a friend who is a week behind me with her surgery. My husband acted as chauffeur and although I enjoyed getting out I was glad to get home again. and get my leg up...
  13. Dragoness

    TKR Feeling Fortunate

    I've just been reading through some of the TKR Recovery threads and, after reading some of the negative experiences, I feel that I have been very fortunate so far. I had my left TKR with lateral release on 11th January 2016, under spinal anaesthetic, and came home on the 14th. For the first 10...
  14. Dragoness

    2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Hi Tammy, I too am having my 1st knee replacement, mine will be on 11th January. I am an operating theatre nurse, and spent some time working in orthopaedic theatres, so in that respect I am aware of what will happen during the anaesthetic and the actual surgery time. I have found useful...
  15. Dragoness

    2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Hello, Found out today that I will be having my total knee replacement op on 11th January 2016. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom