Hi Canada35, I wish you all the best of luck. I unfortunately am the 1% that was not fortunate with my left knee replacement done in 8/5/2014. To make a very long story short, some knee replacements are just some wrong. I wet through three years of pure he'll trying to get anything greater than...
Back to post an update. It has been 8½ months since my left TKR. My extension is maybe 2 degrees or less and my flexion has reached no more than 85 degrees. I have worked on it mildly with light exercising, iced and elevated, and attended nearly 80-85 PT sessions since surgery. I am now seeing a...
Hi All: Update as of 16 weeks out. I am at 5 degrees extension and 75 degrees flexion. My quads and hamstrings are very tight still and my insurance company says no more physical therapy unless I start showing improvement.
My PT did suggest doing trying the Graston Technique. I wanted to post...
Yes Josephine I have. I do some light stretching but I do not try and do anything that produces pain. Basically I try and stretch up to the point of being able to walk normally and nothing beyond that. I for some reason did not finish my thought in my last post. My surgeon has only suggested...
Good Morning All - Well I am 13 weeks out and my anxiety is building with each day. My wife is sick of hearing me whine about my knee and the fact I am seeing no improvement so most of my frustration and depression I have to hold within myself. My PT is trying really hard to remain positive and...
Josephine - The MUA, according to my surgeon, I was at 130 degrees and had very little adhesions impeding the bending of my knee that he had to break apart. However, afterwards I discovered I had better mobility before than I did after which even to this day seems to be the case. My knee is...
I would like to re-post the following question: Has anyone had or knows of someone that has had botox injections in order to calm the muscles around the knee allowing it to increase the ROM? I did get a few people who responded, Josephine did and I am incline to agree with her opinion but what...
Josephine,
I do the exercises twice a day. I have done and will continue doing the heel slides but as odd as this sounds pain is not the issue. When I slide it back on a ball or flat on the floor my knee stops bending on its on no matter what i do. Someone can force it and yes then I will feel...
I understand jeano but how long would you suggest I do this for each session so I dont over do it. You see I am an awful judge when it comes to that because over doing tasks is my nature. It is in my blood to push hard and I have learned on this site that is not the answer.
I just had someone tell me from work I really need to get on the stationary bike and work my knee since I am having muscle issues. It will be painful he says but it will get your muscles moving and working like they should. Any thoughts?
Josephine,
1. The pain can range from 2-6. When relaxing it really doesnt feel painful just stiff. When I am up on it and after walking or doing activities it can get to a 6.
2. I have Oxicodone 5 mg which I take when needed which lately has been 1-2 per day at the most. I found in the library...
Good Morning All - Now 10 weeks out and still feel very stiff. Wondering if I should do more stretching in order to loosen the muscles. Still sitting aroud 5/75 but I do not want to over do it. I am icing daily and elevating a lot. Using more over the counter items than pain killers. Patience...
When I was off of work I was icing my knee 4-5 times a day sliding to pillows under the ankle and leaning all the way back in my chair. From day one ice has always felt great and even now I ice it after work 2-3 times a night with it elevated allowing it to rest. The good news is the combination...
Thank you Josephine for taking the time to read my situation and advising me. The one part of all this that is making sense is my new PT is helping me with light stretching, massaging and strengthening excersises. When I go to see the PT now, as opposed to the first one, I feel good when I leave...
I want to thank everyone for their input and support. You have no idea how much I appreciate all of this. I would like anyone that has had or knows anything about the use of "botox" for muscle relief while recovering from a TKR to please respond back to me. I have been told by my surgeon this...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.