@Tweetybrd No worries about the response. Work has been doable but my newest hip aches more since I've gone back to work. Pretty sure it's all the additional movement and lack of strength in my glute. I had a follow-up with Chow today and everything looks good so it's just a matter of time...
@Tweetybrd I've been lazy about getting on here but to answer your question the nerve pain has diminished on its own. I'm back to work tomorrow after 4 1/2 weeks. I still have pain but its not nerve type pain it's more in my knees and my most recently operated on hip. It's not debilitating...
Day 21. Three weeks today. I'm no longer using my cane!. Still sore at times but I just don't need it anymore. I do get tired after walking around the neighborhood but that's to be expected. I'm doing yard work with minimal issues. Life is good. It still surprises me that when I get off...
Day 15. This past Sunday I started to experience some new pain that comes and goes. Feels more like nerves and runs down the inside of my left thigh area. It's a sharp pain and really limits my ability to move around when it pops up. Oh well, still doing better at this point compared to my...
Day 7. Had my follow up appointment yesterday. They took off the bandage and everything looks good. My sleep has been much better this time around. I'm not experiencing any muscle soreness outside of the incision area which is a awesome. I have no need for the walker or cane around the...
Day 3 postop. Thanks for all the encouragement and well wishes. I'm so ready to go do things. I know I have my recovery ahead but it's such a relief to know that the pain I feel today is going to go away. Interesting note on my surgeons recovery protocol; with my prior hip the goal was to be...
LTHR went well. Two down none to go. Got out of surgery around 1:30pm on 9/14/16 and released to go home on 9/15/16 @ 11:00am. I have to say that I feel much better this time compared to the last time. Minimal swelling in my left hip. I'm using my walker but I'm pretty sure I'll be on to...
@Tweetybrd Thanks for checking in. My surgery got postponed until Wednesday so I have to wait a couple extra days. I just have to reset my brain to work mode for a couple extra days.
2 weeks 'til hip 2. I'm ready. Just moved my daughter back east for college at Holy Cross. Thank you athletic scholarship! Yes, a little bragging if you read between the thin lines. The next two weeks at work are going to be intense with the project we have going on. Then it's time for me...
@Tweetybrd Titanium alloy and polyethylene ( aka plastic). I had no restrictions. That being said i was not interested in sleeping on my operated hip initially because it hurt. It took a good month before I attempted to sleep on the operated side. Chow mentioned that I would likely...
@Tweetybrd I had a spinal. I actually didn't know what type of anesthesia I was getting until I got there. It was one of those things I forgot to ask.
I started PT on day 11 post surgery and I went typically 2 days a week for the next 6 weeks. The soft tissue pain was rough and my PT...
One month out from hip #2. I can't wait to get it fixed. I have the pre-surgery testing coming up in 10 days, then a trip back east to drop my daughter off at college, one more week of work and then surgery. Counting the days and looking forward to having my other train wreck of a hip fixed...
@Tweetybrd Chow is doing my other hip as well. Be prepared if you're on the on-call list. I was originally supposed to get both hips done on Sept. 12th. They had a last minute cancellation which allowed me to do my first one on May 6th.
At my post surgery appointment with Chow I met a guy...
It's been a while since I posted so here I go. My replaced hip is doing well. If I move incorrectly I get a sharp pain in the area of the replacement, but I believe it's slowly getting better. My biggest issue these days is the soft tissue pain I'm experiencing in both legs. I'm an...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.