Recent content by Dolphin777

  1. Dolphin777

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    Hello and thank you ! yes 4 months today and generally doing well. I can walk for miles which is really great. I still suffer with stiffness after sitting and sometimes mild pain on climbing stairs , not arithtic pain but a sort of ache. In fact it does ache a fair bit from time to time and is...
  2. Dolphin777

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    Hello I am doing really well thank you! Yesterday I did a 4 mile challenging forest walk and had zero pain which was so exciting. I did use my cane to make sure I didn’t have a fall as it was quite muddy. 9 weeks post op now and can certainly appreciate the benefits of the surgery. The hip is...
  3. Dolphin777

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    Hello Yes I have been meaning to update for a while now! I’m doing really well. I saw the surgeon at 6 weeks and was cleared to drive and return to work. He said I was doing extremely well and way ahead of many of his patients however cautioned me to be careful and remember that I am recovering...
  4. Dolphin777

    Welcome to the August Hot Shots' 2019 Hip Recovery Club

    Please can you add me to the August group. TRHR 19th August 2019. Thanks
  5. Dolphin777

    August recovery group?

    Ooh me too please ?
  6. Dolphin777

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    I think the driving rules are different here in the Uk. It seems fairly standard that the DVLA ask for 6 weeks although if the surgeon clears you before then that’s ok I believe. It also depends on whether you drive an automatic or manual and which leg was operated on. Mine is right leg ...
  7. Dolphin777

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    Hello again. Thank you for your messages. It’s been an interesting week. I was doing well and then had 2 days of pain where went back to codeine.:shrug: I had a very sore area at the top of my scar which hurt to walk and to touch. It really got me down. Found myself reading all of the post op...
  8. Dolphin777

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    @Mojo333 Thank you , yes I am icing. Maybe not as much as before though so I will increase as it does feel inflamed inside.. Only had 4 hours sleep last night so hopeful that I will sleep tonight. I do have a tendency to rush things so I will have an easier day tomorrow!
  9. Dolphin777

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    Morning.. How’s everyone getting on? I’m at day 20 and seemed to have turned a corner! On day 18 I woke up with Hardly any pain and have stopped taking codeine completely! I have taken 6 paracetamol over the last 48 hours. It was like one day the pain just stopped. I am walking with a cane when...
  10. Dolphin777

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    Hello @Marls00 lovely to read your reply. I had posterior surgery. I went to my physio today and she added some gentle exercises. It was a really uplifting experience because she made me take her hand and walk unaided which I had been scared to do. it was amazing as I did it and she gave me...
  11. Dolphin777

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    Hello just thought I would update as today is 2 weeks post op and I had my staples removed :happydance: My scar is long at about 9 inches:yikes: but all looks good and now have steri strips.ill post a picture at some point. Minimal bruising but still swollen which I keep under control by...
  12. Dolphin777

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    Thank you .. I like that mantra! I need to remind myself of that. I admire anyone who has both hips done at the same time, I simply cannot imagine that but so pleased it has been successful for you. When I was in hospital I lost count of the number of nurses/doctors who said ‘wow you are young...
  13. Dolphin777

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    Thank you. Pain a bit more today so maybe I am pushing it a bit. 1500 steps is probably tops for now. I have been reading lots of recovery stories and it so helpful. Going out for lunch today so that should perk me up! First day home alone tomorrow post op which will be interesting with 4 cats...
  14. Dolphin777

    THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

    Hello Wow I have just finished reading this thread. What an amazing recovery story. It’s so encouraging to read about walking! I love to walk. I am only day 9 post op and already impatient. I was aiming for 2000 steps a day but 1500 is enough at the moment. Muscles keep feeling a bit like they...
  15. Dolphin777

    THR RTHR 19th August 2019

    Hello Just an update on recovery day 8. Twitching and nerve shocks has eased a lot since I doubled my magnesium Citrate to 300mg so thanks for that advise. Sleeping better now, waking every 3/4 hours now to take meds and have a walk about to ease pressure on my back. I found elevating my leg...
Back
Top Bottom