Recent content by DogMama

  1. DogMama

    Revision TKR Third time’s the charm

    I am glad your visit with your psychiatrist went well. Napping during the day should help make up for some missed hours at night. I think that maybe you’ve built up more muscle strength than you realize right now. When those muscles are put into use in the more demanding area of work you will...
  2. DogMama

    TKR TKR

    Hello @Lobsterman! I had my left TKR the same day as your right was done. Has definitely been an up and down recovery for me thus far. Hang in there and know you’re not alone on this journey. I had to have some ligament work done in addition to the replacement so my recovery isn’t going as fast...
  3. DogMama

    TKR Left TKR recovery

    @Sisterpat your fur babies will be so confused!!!
  4. DogMama

    TKR Left TKR recovery

    Hi @mature mama & @Carmencita!! I think I’m doing very well for just under 2 weeks postop. I’m able to get up and down as I need/want to do. I notice I tend to have more swelling the less I walk so I’m working on walking more frequently than farther and so far that’s working for me. I do gentle...
  5. DogMama

    TKR Left TKR recovery

    I never caught the date @Sisterpat! Thank you for fixing it @Jockette
  6. DogMama

    TKR Left TKR recovery

    Thank you all very much for your kind, encouraging thoughts and words. @Norsk the baby in the pic has been chomping at the bit to get in my lap. Today we tried it for a few minutes but he wanted to lay on that leg so I got him up. I’ve been giving all three extra snuggles. Yes, @sistersinhim...
  7. DogMama

    TKR Left TKR recovery

    @Sisterpat I had planned on bringing a small step stool to help me get in the van. I would have made a much more graceful entry to the vehicle if I had remembered it:rofsign: Is it possible to ice too much or have it too cold? My knee is very stiff and painful when I get up. It wasn’t that way...
  8. DogMama

    TKR Left TKR recovery

    Hello fellow BoneSmarties! I am feeling much better after having VERY up and down times over the past few days. I “think” I have figured out a medication schedule to stay ahead of the pain. It is really rough when it’s not taken regularly. I’m doing very easy heel slides after I’ve been up...
  9. DogMama

    TKR Left TKR recovery

    I was able to make it home yesterday. Trying to get in the van at the hospital was interesting. Thankfully the male nurse I had was a tremendous help in getting in. The ride home was just under two hours and we had to stop twice for my sister to help me move my leg and re-prop it. It was...
  10. DogMama

    TKR Left TKR recovery

    @Jaycey I’ll be asking her who owns this knee?? Surely not her! I don’t think she knew of all the reconstruction work he had to do. Thank you @mature mama and @Carmencita!
  11. DogMama

    TKR Left TKR recovery

    Thank y’all for your thoughts and wishes. I have had a very rough couple of days. My surgeon said he had to rework ligaments in my knee, that my knee was bowing because I’d gone so long with it bad. He said he knew I was tough seeing what I had been walking around on. My pain medicine pump...
  12. DogMama

    TKR Left TKR recovery

    Hello “other side”! I’m just setting up my recovery thread. Seven hours from now I should be in the OR getting this pesky, painful left knee replaced. I cannot sleep due to the pain it causes me when I lie down in bed. I’m in a hotel so my recliner isn’t available for me to sleep in; I can’t get...
  13. DogMama

    TKR LTKR March 11, 2021

    @Carmencita and @mature mama - Thank you for your kind words! I will be posting on the recovery side soon! At the hotel and unable to sleep, being kept awake by this oh so painful left knee. I haven’t been able to sleep in bed for weeks now because this knee starts killing me no matter the...
  14. DogMama

    TKR LTKR March 11, 2021

    Currently at the hospital for my preop. Thankfully there is no snow or ice predicted for this week in Texas!:loll:I am excited but getting anxious...in 48 hours it will be done and my recovery begins! I am so grateful for the Bonesmarties here that I’ve had the benefit of reading their...
  15. DogMama

    TKR Carmencita in recovery

    @Carmencita I am so glad to hear you are doing so well!! Yes! I go tomorrow for my (2nd) preop including a Covid test. Then the BIG day on Thursday. I have moments of terror:scaredycat: but I’m mostly excited!
Back
Top Bottom