Recent content by DogLady

  1. DogLady

    TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

    Fortunately I'm mostly dry. Life is a real struggle here now...after a bit you just get exhausted. I miss the old ChCh. :-(
  2. DogLady

    TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

    @Celle Hi Caryl. It's not necessary better or worse than before the surgery, just different. Before I would walk on flat surfaces without a lot of ongoing pain. I can do that now quite well. But stairs still suck. Just need to be patient.
  3. DogLady

    TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

    The most pain in the front of the knee below the kneecap. It's been such a long, bumpy road recovering from this with earthquakes, a broken femur and other assorted orthopaedic problems. I think I've finally gotten to the point of adjusting my expectations so I'm less distressed by everything...
  4. DogLady

    TKR Just wondering on my progress?

    Hi Steve Sounds to me you are doing well for 8 weeks out. This is not a quick thing to fix. It just calls for lots of patience. I also had funny noises and clicks that were new and a bit concerning. All turned out to be nothing. As you said we are all different, but sounds to me that what you...
  5. DogLady

    TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

    Hi everyone Thought I would pop back in and say hello if anyone is left that I know to say hello to. Hello to those I dont know as well! :-) My achilles tendonosis and the paresthesia in my lower leg is finally easing up. Someone put me on nortryptaline for 'nerve pain' and that seems to...
  6. DogLady

    TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

    Thanks Jacky. I never thought I would age so quickly....never thought I would have all these orthopaedic problems. Just seems very unfair. Best to you as well.
  7. DogLady

    TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

    Just an update if anyone follows: I went to a sports med doc today who looked at xrays and recommended I go back to the surgeon. He says that there are bone spurs on the upper aspect of my calcaneous that are rubbing my achilles. So we can symptomatically treat the pain in the achilles but it...
  8. DogLady

    TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

    I've not been back to my ortho surgeon with the achilles since I figure it's a bit out of his interests, but do have appt with sports med doc in morning. Not sure where that will get me. Thanks for your input
  9. DogLady

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    We started out in the teens...I think it was about 12-13 when I left for work, but that was in Celcius, not fahrenheit!! Now its closer to 18 or 20 I'd say. :)
  10. DogLady

    TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

    Thanks Orthodoc. I wore a moon boot last month while I was traveling for work. Once home I'm back in a shoe and doing physio but doesnt seem to be easing much. Someone here wanted to do an autologous blood injection but I can't find anything in pub med that says it is particularly helpful. Very...
  11. DogLady

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    Well hi Jacky. I looked for you yesterday. I also haven't been on in a long long time. I know what you mean by just not trusting the knee. I just have lost confidence that it will support me. And indeed not helped by new injuries. Fortunately i'm not dealing with snow....just cool, sweet...
  12. DogLady

    TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

    @Orthodoc Thanks skigirl
  13. DogLady

    TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

    I'm being sneaky in the most obvious sort of way and hoping if I put another entry in, Orthodoc will see it...I see he/she online. Orthodoc? Have you see achilles problems associated with knee replacements? Any suggestions?
  14. DogLady

    TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

    Hi everyone Me again....popping back in. I think I just need to stay. I seem to be having just continual problems and am very grumpy about the whole thing. Tired of being in pain. Had my TKR...recovered reasonably well within first year. Last July started having significant lateral leg pain and...
  15. DogLady

    TKR DogLady: Reinvented.

    Hi Caryl and Morning Glory. Nice to 'see' you both. Guess I might need to be calling the doc. Really tired of waking up at night in pain.
Back
Top Bottom