Recent content by dnhTX87

  1. dnhTX87

    THR My Story (long)

    One of my cycling group guys is having his second hip done in about a week. He came back great from his first hip about two years ago. He was/is a runner, cyclist, triathlete etc. he didn’t slow down much after his hip. I did a knee about 1-1/2 years ago, and got stronger after surgery as I...
  2. dnhTX87

    Penciling in November for Right TKR

    This will be my second time through this process, almost exactly two years to the day (Nov 15 2021) since my left knee. Left knee went great, so expecting (hoping?) for a similar outcome. Right knee pain has been sharper and more localized on the medial side than I remember my left knee. I've...
  3. dnhTX87

    TKR Adventures with my new knee - w/pix!

    I had a steroid injection in my right knee the day before thanksgiving, so about 6-1/2 weeks ago. Now I'm back to the same pain level as before the injection, if not more. I have set up another Dr. appointment in a couple of weeks (soonest I could get in), to talk about something more, i.e...
  4. dnhTX87

    TKR mac0939 Recovery Journey

    Looking back 13 months on my left TKR, I remember being in your spot. The PA kept telling me at my appointments to keep working on my straightening and bending. Which I did. Now my left knee is my “good” knee. So glad I did this. Keep up with your activities of daily living and eventually you...
  5. dnhTX87

    TKR Adventures with my new knee - w/pix!

    I had pretty good results with cortisone and orthovisc/synvisc treatments for several years in my left knee.
  6. dnhTX87

    TKR Adventures with my new knee - w/pix!

    I’m hoping for a year or three before that’s needed but we’ll see. It was nice for a time to have two good knees though.
  7. dnhTX87

    TKR Adventures with my new knee - w/pix!

    Today Nov 15, 2022 is one year out from my left total knee replacement. Things are going well and I’m glad I had the procedure. Doctor has released me for annual visits going forward. My knee and leg are back to 98% of their strength and 110% of range of motion compared to prior to surgery...
  8. dnhTX87

    TKR Adventures with my new knee - w/pix!

    I haven't posted in a while, more or less back to normal activities at 34 weeks as of today. Normal exercise routine, including squats w/o weights, lunges w/o weights, bicycling a lot. My leg has full extension and probably 135-140 deg bending. Still a little painful and stiff at times. I...
  9. dnhTX87

    TKR Right Knee 19 Days Post Op

    I’m at 14 weeks today on my TKR on my left knee. I worked hard in PT trying to get the leg straight, endured a lot of associated pain, and really, I think it comes naturally of its own accord in due time. I was actually looking at it this morning, and feel like I’m at 0 degrees but not...
  10. dnhTX87

    TKR Adventures with my new knee - w/pix!

    10 Week update as of today. Knee finally feels like it might feel normal at some point in the future. I worked on the car over the weekend, and had to get up and down several times to crawl under, and afterwards my knee was barking at me. Really not the knee itself but muscles around. Better...
  11. dnhTX87

    TKR Adventures with my new knee - w/pix!

    @9.5 weeks and went to my BodyPump gym class for the first time since my surgery in November. It's light weight lifting with lots of reps, some squats and lunges, and abdominal work. I took it easy, stayed on the lighter end of the weights I've used in the past, and felt good afterward. We'll...
  12. dnhTX87

    TKR Adventures with my new knee - w/pix!

    Agree. Airports with a heavy backpack, several block walks to dinner each night, etc. I love new shoes. Need to convince my wife I need another pair.
  13. dnhTX87

    TKR Adventures with my new knee - w/pix!

    I've been moving around more, flew to a different state for a week of meetings, etc. At nine weeks as of today. I'm getting a sharp pain in my left hip sometimes when I walk, usually at the end of my stride just before I pick up my left leg to stride forward. I'm assuming I've aggravated some...
  14. dnhTX87

    Bilateral TKR DONE!

    Interested to hear about this 3-D knee. My aunt had a similar TKR, and she’s doing well with it at about 5 months.
  15. dnhTX87

    TKR Adventures with my new knee - w/pix!

    I’ll just say here for the record that I hate “the extensionator”. Working to get my leg straight, the therapist has me strapping into this thing to force it straight. Seven weeks at this point and really just working on extension and bending.
Back
Top Bottom