Recent content by dnch4437

  1. D

    THR Pain problems after THRx

    @Krista I have a collection of MRI's sitting here. After discussing with the PA she mentioned that the CT would show tears better with contrast. I am a guinea pig for tests nowadays. I probably glow bright and definitely set off metal detectors. Got to maintain your humor throughout
  2. D

    THR Pain problems after THRx

    @Krista Something that you mentioned about tears. I looked through my records to see if they ever performed a CT scan and they haven't so I made a few phone calls today. Made arrangements for a CT scan with contrast another appointment with the hip surgeon and a follow up with my pain management...
  3. D

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    I retain a full collection of active wear which are loose fit and drawstring in the waist for the bottoms. My savior at home was a overstuffed body pillow that I kept close by. Never understood doctors that wanted me to move around after it felt like a train had just ran me over. Several hours...
  4. D

    Hip Infection INFECTION-A long and lonely journey<

    As I read through your experience you have experienced. The one thing that helps me to continue to push to find a solution with my ongoing issues is locating forums such as this for others that have had similar issues. Even today I find trying to get enough rest and pain relief is like jumping...
  5. D

    THR Pain problems after THRx

    1. antero- lateral 2. before hip scope: 4 2. after hip scope: 7 2. after hip replacement: a steady 8 with the occassional shoot me now days. 3. Medications that I have been prescribed before: Tramadol, Norco 7.5's, 10's, Perocetet 10's, Ms Contin 30mg x 3 times daily, Ibuprofen 800mg...
  6. D

    THR Pain problems after THRx

    Icing was done for the first 10 days pretty much non-stop. They recommended switching from heat to cold every 20 minutes after the initial 10 days of icing to help with swelling and pain
  7. D

    THR Pain problems after THRx

    @Josephine 1. antero- lateral 2. before hip scope: 4 after hip scope: 7 after hip replacement: a steady 8 with the occassional shoot me now days. 3. Medications that I have been prescribed before: Tramadol, Norco 7.5's, 10's, Perocetet 10's, Ms Contin 30mg x 3 times daily, Ibuprofen 800mg...
  8. D

    THR Pain problems after THRx

    The one thing that I have noticed is money does talk and those that are fortunate usually get better results if there is a problem afterwards. My injury stemmed from a work place injury. After getting the first MRI and patiently waiting to hear about the results. I read up to learn what to look...
  9. D

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    The toilet riser and walker will be your new best friend for awhile. Take it slow and easy and let your body heal. It's the one time that sweats are fashionable anywhere you go. And sometimes you wish you had some Caution tape to wrap around your leg to let everyone know that if you bump or...
  10. D

    THR Pain problems after THRx

    Every time I visited the surgeon and complained about the continued pain his answer was more PT. This surgeon is a associated professor at a leading medical school (didn't think that I could use his name) but is located in the middle of the U.S. So I never really questioned if he knew what was...
  11. D

    THR Pain problems after THRx

    Activity level has slowed down due to the constant pain. I had six months of PT after the THA. I used a walker for the longest time till the surgeon suggested that I needed to walk without any aids. After several months without I started using a cane to help take weight of the surgical leg...
  12. D

    THR Pain problems after THRx

    18 months ago I had a THR performed by a highly recommended surgeon. From day one I have had nothing but a lot of pain that stretches around my hip down to the groin area and extends down my thigh to my knee. Its painful to lie on the surgical hip and even worse to bear weight or walking. I...
Back
Top Bottom