Recent content by Dmcfad2

  1. Dmcfad2

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    Admin: Please change my title to “2 years out from TKR”. Thanks. It will be two years on the 19th since having my LTKR. I am still having pain, soreness and stiffness. My knee just throbs and aches at night when I’m sleeping and sometimes I feel like it is even worse than it was a year ago. I...
  2. Dmcfad2

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    @AnnYo Hope you are doing better every day!
  3. Dmcfad2

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    @Loulou67 Thank you! Good luck with your other knee! I remember that we were pretty much on the same timeline. Interestingly enough, in the last two weeks I have seen a sudden marked improvement in my functionality. I was able to stand up in the saddle in my spin class with no effort and the...
  4. Dmcfad2

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    Thanks for all the comments. I appreciate all of the suggestions, too. I don’t plan on giving up. I just keep plugging away. I didn’t do much structured exercise over the holidays, but did do lots of walking. Many of my classes were canceled. Tomorrow I am back in spin. I am looking forward to it.
  5. Dmcfad2

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    Thank you. I will take these recommendations in to consideration. What is a doctorate prepared PT? I did physical therapy 2x a week for almost 11 months after surgery, but my progress was pretty much at a standstill, so I finally decided to quit going. I feel like my problems are more related to...
  6. Dmcfad2

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    Just a quick update as this year ends. I am now 14 months post op. Not much has changed or improved in the last two months. Still a tightness in the knee, especially when I have been more active. Still can only bend to about 110-115°. Still having trouble going up and down stairs without using a...
  7. Dmcfad2

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    ADMIN: Please change my title to One Year Out or something like that. Thanks. So, my one year anniversary (10-19) came and went. I am on a cruise and just thought to update. All in all, I am happy with my new knee. I haven’t had the success some people have, but I’m content. The awful...
  8. Dmcfad2

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    Thanks for all the comments I appreciate you all.
  9. Dmcfad2

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    I have been working consistently with my PT. She massages it and manipulates my kneecap. Then, I do lots of quad strengthening exercises. One leg squats, lunges, step ups. I use the machine where you lie down and put your foot on the pad and push with your leg. I also do spin classes and have...
  10. Dmcfad2

    TKR Patience really is a virtue….

    I actually have no problem kneeling, but I do it very slowly.
  11. Dmcfad2

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    I haven’t been here for awhile. I just hit 10 months post op last week. My recovery is ongoing. I am finally back at the gym doing my previous workouts. Two spin classes a week, two body pump classes a week. I am still doing outside PT 2x a week for my knee, but that will be over soon. I have...
  12. Dmcfad2

    TKR Patience really is a virtue….

    @Loulou67 I’m the same way! I’ve been feeling better, so I’ve upped my workouts. Spin twice a week. PT twice a week and the gym twice a week. Yesterday my knee was so sore and my IT band kept snapping whenever I bent my leg. It got sore and irritated. Last night i couldn't sleep because it was...
  13. Dmcfad2

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    @Peterfox Yes, I am an active person. My recovery hasn’t been as easy as it seems to be for some. Everyone is different and I’m sure some were playing pickleball at 3 months. Unfortunately, I am taking longer to heal, so I’m slowly getting back to my previous level of activity. I’m still having...
  14. Dmcfad2

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    6 months PO. Where I’m at…… Still have some knee pain, but it is slowly improving. Still have some swelling at times. Still feel a tendon or ligament snapping under my knee when I bend my leg walking. I have been working with my PT. She thinks it is my IT band. I can also feel it in my hip...
Back
Top Bottom