Recent content by Dmac24

  1. Dmac24

    THR Dmac' great recovery adventure<

    Yes I was afraid of that. I'm scared to death of needles.
  2. Dmac24

    THR Dmac' great recovery adventure<

    Great resources! It definitely looks to be similar to trochanteric bursitis. The area is sore to the touch and it hurts when I step and put pressure on the leg especially full flexion where my leg fully straightens. I expected to be fully healed by now and moving forward so these pain...
  3. Dmac24

    THR Dmac' great recovery adventure<

    Time is two weeks. My pain is R1F EFGH down into the knee. I could hardly walk today. I exercised yesterday. Did bodyweight squats and my pushups and pullups. The pain is when I step and put weight on the leg. I would've used crutches today if I had had them.
  4. Dmac24

    THR Dmac' great recovery adventure<

    Nope my back thankfully is pretty solid. I had lateral posterior and the pain kind of runs from the scar down the outside of my thigh, into the side/back of the knee and then down the calf. I'm familiar with sciatica as I had a microdiscectomy 5 years ago for a pinched nerve on my left side...
  5. Dmac24

    THR Dmac' great recovery adventure<

    Long time no checking in but things aren't so hippy. 10 months ago I had my right hip done. The pain from the bad hip is gone but it has been replaced by searing pain in my outer thigh that goes into my knee and down the side of my leg. It's not there all the time but I'll go to walk or change...
  6. Dmac24

    THR Dmac' great recovery adventure<

    I take a tramadol usually late at night to help me sleep and curb the pain that has built up over the day. I'm going to try stretching more to hopefully ease the pain. Yesterday seemed to be the best day yet since the surgery at just over 9 weeks post op. I'm still unsure of whether or not I did...
  7. Dmac24

    THR Dmac' great recovery adventure<

    9 weeks out and I feel like I'm making progress but I'm getting sharp pain in the mid quad area of the hip that absolutely shuts me down if I'm out walking. It feels like it's in the muscle but then the pain will gravitate towards the top of the thigh as if it's in the joint and I literally have...
  8. Dmac24

    THR Dmac' great recovery adventure<

    Well I thought an update might be in order. I've successfully been able to reduce my meds to basically one a day and this coincides with me stopping PT and just resting and walking. Today though my wife and I went sightseeing and my legs got gassed and I found myself having to stop and rest...
  9. Dmac24

    THR Dmac' great recovery adventure<

    3 weeks out as of today. I've ditched the walker and the cane but I'm thinking I may have moved too fast because I've been dealing with groin pain. It's not going away and my PT was mentioning I need to start cutting my pain meds back. I've been taking hydrocodone 10 1 tab every four hours...
  10. Dmac24

    THR Dmac' great recovery adventure<

    I had general anesthesia with a spinal tap so maybe this is the cause of the pain. It's a situational pain but it seriously burns if I twist my upper body or pull on something. Day 6- a lot of pain right now. I had gone to one norco instead of two but I just took two this round because maybe I...
  11. Dmac24

    THR Dmac' great recovery adventure<

    Another issue I've been experiencing is hot and cold flashes. As I sit here writing this I'm just beginning to cool down from what felt like a hot flash. I get all hot and sweaty for 10-30 minutes and then two hours later I'm freezing and starting to get the shakes because I'm cold. Is this part...
  12. Dmac24

    THR Dmac' great recovery adventure<

    I had my TRHR last Wednesday morning and despite my nervousness everything went fine. My Dr. Does posterior only so for your knowledge this is where I'll begin. Surgery took an hour and a half and I woke up easy and without a care. The pain meds were wonderful and I had my family laughing...
  13. Dmac24

    Has anyone else dealt with an onslaught of leg cramps?

    Well I'm not happy you're husband is experiencing cramping but it does make me think I'm not crazy. Today has been the worst day. At softball practice both of my calves felt like they were going to explode at any moment. I've been putting transdermal magnesium on as I've read somewhere that...
  14. Dmac24

    Has anyone else dealt with an onslaught of leg cramps?

    I'm 8 days away and for the past 3 weeks my legs have been cramping both calf and hamstrings nearly every day all day. I have AVN and I'm not sure if this is related to it. I'm not dehydrated, overweight or lacking nutritionally. I'm on my feet all day and have always been so it's not that...
  15. Dmac24

    2015 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    I'm scheduled for May 20th at 11am.
Back
Top Bottom