Recent content by dlssimon

  1. D

    TKR 5 1/2 months after LTKR

    Sorry I guess I haven't figured this forum out yet. It won't happen again, just closing it out!!!
  2. D

    TKR 5 1/2 months after LTKR

    First of all, Happy Thanksgiving everyone and I'm thankful I found this forum after my knee replacement. I've since been laid up with elbow/wrist surgery and haven't done my knee exercises in about 3 weeks. My knee now feels stiff and is pretty sore. I didn't figure that would happen after...
  3. D

    TKR Interpretation of x-ray

    I had my LTKR done on June 12th, just a few days before you. Around 3 1/2 months I had a general ache all around my knee 24/7. I had been doing so good that I got back to my routine and apparently did way too much. This forum told me to slow down and give it the year that it takes to recover...
  4. D

    TKR 5 1/2 months after LTKR

    Thank-you for responding, I think you're right because I'm not one to lay around and probably just been doing too much...Here's hoping for great results for both of us!! :flwrysmile: :praying:
  5. D

    TKR 5 1/2 months after LTKR

    I'm healing so well from my TKR but....still have a click and my bones above and below my knee are starting to ache. Anyone else have those issues?? Thanks!
  6. D

    TKR 5 1/2 months after LTKR

    Quick question??? I have a dentist appt tomorrow at 12:00. Totally forgot my TKR manual from hospital and surgeon states to take antibiotics 3 days before the appointment. First of all, I don't understand why and second of all do I get those from my Primary care doctor, Dentist or my TKR...
  7. D

    TKR SpaceGirls Road to Recovery Knee #2

    Congratulations to you and your recovery, that's wonderful:flwrysmile::yes!:
  8. D

    TKR Right knee recovery

    I'm 3 1/2 months out from my left TKR and same age as you are. I still have some swelling and tightness in my knee. I had my 3 month check up this morning and the surgeon said everything looks good and not to feel bad if you're not where you think you should be, he said I'm about 1/4 through my...
  9. D

    TKR June TKR newbie

    Geez, I'm sorry things aren't going as well as you hoped. Hopefully next week at your appointment they'll have some answers. It's certainly not easy being in constant pain. I wish you the best of luck in your recovery.:prayer::praying:
  10. D

    TKR June TKR newbie

    Does your TKR surgeon do 3 month follow-up? Maybe they would have some answers for you.
  11. D

    TKR June TKR newbie

    On my own I could do with pain 114 ROM. I haven't got over that number but my knee is healing so much better since I quit PT. I still do the exercises they taught me twice a day everyday at home. But, if I feel like I need a break I take it. I finally feel in the next few months that there...
  12. D

    TKR June TKR newbie

    My TKR left was done on 6/12/20, I faithfully went to see my PT twice a week for 8 weeks. Around the end of week 8 the PT office commented how well I was walking for only 8 weeks. Unfortunately after that visit, they pushed my knee to 125 ROM and I had everything I could do to get back to my...
  13. D

    TKR Not going through with surgery

    WOW, so sorry you got such confusing advice. I had a L4/L5 Spinal fusion 2 years ago and knew at the time I also needed TKR on left knee. After the fusion and recovery I sure did NOT want to go through with TKR too, but...my knee had other ideas. I was told it would continue to get worse and...
  14. D

    TKR Post op TKR

    You're certainly NOT a failure!! You're only 4 weeks from surgery...My surgeon's office staff was kinda the same way, not to the extreme of yours. The Physicians Asst. was and is very sweet, and knowledgeable. I also had my left TKR done exactly 3 months ago today, I finally feel like there's...
  15. D

    TKR 5 1/2 months after LTKR

    I was told to massage my incision to help avoid scar tissue. So I've been doing that twice a day. Yesterday as I was massaging I felt a pop, is that normal? Also, been noticing a click in my new knee when walking, will that go away? It's irritating but not painful. I have my 3 month follow up in...
Back
Top Bottom